Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Firmware Update Failure

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Help' started by Snidely Whiplash, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Snidely Whiplash

I'm using Win 10 x64. I downloaded and installed the latest Assistant software (ver. 2.40), connected it to my FC40 and was advised that a firmware update was available. I initiated an update using the Assistant software and the update downloaded and the install procedure began. It stopped at about 10%, notified me that it had failed, and advised that I try again, which I did several times with the same results. Then a new behavior began. When powered on, it now beeps and a red LED inside the battery compartment flashes and nothing else happens. The Assistant software shows that the installed version of the firmware is "0" and a message in red lettering briefly appears stating that the "main controller must be upgraded."

What is needed here to fix this mess? Thank you.

2. Beario

In some instances, you may have to disable your antivirus, especially if you are using one with a firewall. Mine did that to me so I had to turn it off to upgrade the firmware, just dont forget to turn it back on after you are finished. I also have malwarebytes and it thought DJI's software was connecting to a bad website go figure. That should fix the problem.:)