Firmware update failed - Factory Reset?

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any hints/help. My Phantom 2 Vision+ has been flying and working great, until now.

I attempted to update the firmware on my Vision+ by copying the bin file to the SD card and restarting the Phantom.
I suspect I turned the phantom off too soon and may have interrupted the update process.
It is possible, though, that there is a different problem completely and that the firmware did actually finish updating.

I can connect to the Phantom's wifi network but if I access Camera or Album, I get "Connection to Phantom Failed".
Also, when I connect to the PC via USB, the computer can no longer access the storage.
The remote can still make the props start/stop but I haven't tried actually flying it again.
The start up lights and beeps all seem normal.

I have seen reference to doing a factory reset but cannot find how to do this.

Can anyone suggest some things to try?

I did a rebind of the controller but that did not solve the problem.

EDIT: Updated with attempted fix and corrected description of symptoms.

tho many seem to refer to hearing of there being some sort of factory reset none seems to exist. or at least not any that can be done out of the factory.

only thing I can think of trying is what it says in the firmware up date info about if it goes wrong and don't work or if you accidentally shut it off before its done. Which DJI says you need to start all over again and have to erase the card and re download the firmware file again then try to redo install it by putting the card in and turning on the camera. So I'm thinking that during the firmware update it changes some thing in the file on the card and why it needs to be re down loaded if some thing fails and it dont get completely threw the process properly.

Ok. I'll try erasing the card, copying on the firmware onto it, and trying again.

Note also that I was incorrect earlier. I can actually connect to the Phantom's wifi network, but in the app I can't view the camera or album. Instead, it returns a 'cannot connect to Phantom' error. I can't remember the exact error text.

that pobably would have to do with the failed firmware update. sounds like the app is seeing the repeater but the repeater not connecting to the phantom. You might even have to rebind it if the re try of the firmware works.

I must be missing something here as I didn't think that an SD card could be used to update the firmware. You plug the SD card into the camera slot to do an update?

Code:
I must be missing something here as I didn't think that an SD card could be used to update the firmware. You plug the SD card into the camera slot to do an update?

Yes thats how the cameras firmware is updated using an sd card. I had assumed that's what the OP was asking about being that's the only thing updated by putting an sd card in the camera.

I thought that I had read the manual well. Sure did miss that!

I dont think the manual even mentions the camrea firmware at all. and was in the firmware update notes.

The dealer suggested rebinding the controller. I tried that and unfortunately the situation hasn't changed. Still 'Connection to Phantom Failed'.

what LEDs do you have showing on the camrea?

I did just notice some thing on the bottom of this page or the firmware update for the vision +camera http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-re ... mera-fc200

under Special Notes:

A fast red flashing LED on the camera after the update means the update has failed. Please try again.
You need to use the latest DJI Vision App (iOS App: v1.0.32; Android App: v1.0.38).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4