Firmware update broke RC connection

I had the same situation but, after re-booting the RC and the Phantom, I got the prompt to update the aircraft and the rest went smoothly. I used the app on an iPad.

I have also updated the RC and now have the RC Signal Lost message and it doesn't give the update Aircraft message. Trying it using the Go App on Ipad, any fixes for this?
To resolve this turn off the aircraft then, with the RC on and connected to your iPad in the DJI Go app home page press and hold the cap in the upper right corner for 5 seconds at least. Then you will have the option of downgrading the RC back to its previous version. The RC should not have been updated before the aircraft which is what caused this problem. Select the prior version and install. This will fix the signal lost problem. You will be back to square one with neither aircraft nor RC updated but you'll be flying again like you were before. Hopefully this will all get fixed soon and we can smoothly update as I have done every time in the past.

Did what Michelangelo said fixed my broken connection. I'm not getting the option to upgrade the aircraft so I guess I'll hold off upgrading the remote until the aircraft update option appears....

I am downloading the firmware update for my AC now. Two questions:

1) My download automatically pauses, anyone else have this?

2) More importantly, my internet is so bad the download is taking forever and my AC battery is starting to run low. Once the firmware is downloaded in the Go App, can I change batteries in the AC before sending the firmware update to the AC??

I just had a nightmare with mine.

I use iOS on my 6s, and it said firmware update.

It updated my RC immediately with no problems, then on the home screen said download firmware for aircraft.

Nearly 30 mins went by with "download paused" 0%

I shut the aircraft and RC down and went in the lounge carried on drinking my beer clicking the continue button for at least 10 mins, then all of a sudden, 100% download in seconds.

Went back in, plugged into aircraft, powered on aircraft and firmware went through.

This procedure is scarier than updating the BIOS on a PC

To update: I got mine sorted out. I the update did finally download and once downloaded I changed the battery in my AC and ran the firmware upload and it only took a few minutes and now the connection is returned.

Now just to calibrate IMU's, change settings as suggested by Tom's Tech Talk in Go App, calibrate compass and go for a test flight. Getting to dark to get it done tonight but hopefully over the weekend.

I updated my P4 RC firmware to the current available then got the same error about no connection. I attempted to upgrade the bird thru both the Go app and Win 7 Assistant, but it kept failing. I then downgraded the RC firmware back to the previous version and finally was able to connect to the bird again.

Problem now is the camera will go on then off then on then stay off. Red No Connection msg. I can fly no problem but camera wont work now. No idea what to do now.

Problem occurs on both iphone 6 and ipad mini 2.

Would reformatting the SD card make any difference?

Any feedback / comments certainly welcome.

Reactions: mark.jones.10485
Yesterday, I updated the firmware like everyone else. I DID encounter the "download pause" for several hours, then suddenly everything woke up. I upgraded everything, and then did an IMU calibration, and all went well. I then attempted a gimbal calibration. The calibration begins, but at 72%, I get a "gimbal calibration failed" message. However, the calibration SEEMS to continue, and then I get a message in the background "gimbal calibration complete". It states that the gimbal status is "normal" in the main camera screen... I tried the gimbal calibration several times, all with the same result... Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am going to fly it tomorrow, and pay particular attention to the gimbal, so if this error message is just a glitch, I'll let everyone know.

I've only flown the thing 3 times, and if this is what I get for $1400, I am deeply disappointed (and right up to this point, I was a happy camper...)

Edit: I went out and flew today. Gimbal appears to be working fine, so I'm going to call this a software glitch.
However, I noticed a marked drop in altitude when you come to a stop. In GPS mode, I saw a drop of anywhere from 4' to 8' (estimated)! This is just not acceptable, and it was NOT dropping like this before this latest FW upgrade.

Last edited:
I updated my P4 RC firmware to the current available then got the same error about no connection. I attempted to upgrade the bird thru both the Go app and Win 7 Assistant, but it kept failing. I then downgraded the RC firmware back to the previous version and finally was able to connect to the bird again.

Problem now is the camera will go on then off then on then stay off. Red No Connection msg. I can fly no problem but camera wont work now. No idea what to do now.

Problem occurs on both iphone 6 and ipad mini 2.

Would reformatting the SD card make any difference?

Any feedback / comments certainly welcome.

Quick update...I was at my wits end after hours of trying to get this to work...I just happened to eject the SD card, reinserted, and voila, everything working as expected. Camera working, gimbal controls all good, etc etc.

I did downgrade the RC firmware and wont try to upgrade the aircraft. Is working, gonna leave it as is.

Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences...extremely valuable.

To resolve this turn off the aircraft then, with the RC on and connected to your iPad in the DJI Go app home page press and hold the cap in the upper right corner for 5 seconds at least. Then you will have the option of downgrading the RC back to its previous version. The RC should not have been updated before the aircraft which is what caused this problem. Select the prior version and install. This will fix the signal lost problem. You will be back to square one with neither aircraft nor RC updated but you'll be flying again like you were before. Hopefully this will all get fixed soon and we can smoothly update as I have done every time in the past.
THANK YOU

Maybe. I

Maybe, I'm running Go on IOS but as you know there's no IOS upgrade for DJI Go at present. It was after the P4 upgrade through the PC that I connected the RC to my IOS device and opened the DJI Go app it immediately told me the RC was due an update. Main thing is you're back in business!
What your saying makes a lot of since. Things went wrong with the firmware upgrade when I used my iPad mini 3 with the current Go app. but installed right when I used my android tablet (Nvidia Shield) with the updated Go app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31