Firmware update broke RC connection

Reaction score
I updated the DJI Go app for Android to the latest version released yesterday. The docs state the RC was to be updated too but I did not see this as part of the process.

After updating Go app, a message indicated new firmware was available for P4. I downloaded and installed it and now I get a red blinking signal lost message. I can see the camera and move the gimbal but no luck to start the P4 and eliminate message.

How do I reapply an update to the RC? Is this not part of the update process via the GO app?

I updated the DJI Go app for Android to the latest version released yesterday. The docs state the RC was to be updated too but I did not see this as part of the process.

After updating Go app, a message indicated new firmware was available for P4. I downloaded and installed it and now I get a red blinking signal lost message. I can see the camera and move the gimbal but no luck to start the P4 and eliminate message.

How do I reapply an update to the RC? Is this not part of the update process via the GO app?
Hi,

I updated my P4 through the DJI Assistant on my PC then Updated the RC through the DJI App while connected to my iPhone. Once you've updated the P4 when you next connect the RC to your phone, tablet or whatever the DJI app tells you that you need to upgrade the RC.

After updating Android Go app to 2.7.2 very early this morning, it did not present me with the RC firmware required message. Deleted, reinstalled, restart tablet and still show FW up-to-date. Connected DJI Assistant app of Mac for 1st time and tried refresh update. It failed. Cursed a few times.

Reconnected Android tablet, restart RC and P4 and message to update RC FW appeared ( this was the entire issue as you cannot update FW without this prompt using GO app ).

Now it is working. Not sure what triggered the RC FW message, reconnecting to DJI Assistant and attempting refresh?

Maybe. I
After updating Android Go app to 2.7.2 very early this morning, it did not present me with the RC firmware required message. Deleted, reinstalled, restart tablet and still show FW up-to-date. Connected DJI Assistant app of Mac for 1st time and tried refresh update. It failed. Cursed a few times.

Reconnected Android tablet, restart RC and P4 and message to update RC FW appeared ( this was the entire issue as you cannot update FW without this prompt using GO app ).

Now it is working. Not sure what triggered the RC FW message, reconnecting to DJI Assistant and attempting refresh?
Maybe, I'm running Go on IOS but as you know there's no IOS upgrade for DJI Go at present. It was after the P4 upgrade through the PC that I connected the RC to my IOS device and opened the DJI Go app it immediately told me the RC was due an update. Main thing is you're back in business!

I have an Nvidia Shield - did everything through that this morning.

Turned on A/C, R/C, and Tablet to verify everything was connected and working
Updated DJI Go on the tablet through Google Play
Updated R/C through DJI Go
Unplugged remote from Tablet
Plugged tablet directly into P4
Updated P4 through DJI Go homescreen

Worked like a champ. Took a 15 minute maiden voyage with my p4 after all of this (just got it last night) in 20mph winds. Hopefully the wind dies down here sometime so I can see what this thing can do.

I have an Nvidia Shield - did everything through that this morning.

Turned on A/C, R/C, and Tablet to verify everything was connected and working
Updated DJI Go on the tablet through Google Play
Updated R/C through DJI Go
Unplugged remote from Tablet
Plugged tablet directly into P4
Updated P4 through DJI Go homescreen

Worked like a champ. Took a 15 minute maiden voyage with my p4 after all of this (just got it last night) in 20mph winds. Hopefully the wind dies down here sometime so I can see what this thing can do.

This was never an option for me. Only after attempting a refresh on DJI Assistant app on my Mac did it become available.

It's raining here, no wind.

So I am wondering if my iPad will connect now. Maybe there is some issue moving between devices, iOS --> Android and back?

I have the same problem. Firmware update via the Go app on iPhone froze mid-download... now the option to update firmware is gone. Fails via Assistant app. RC tells me link is lost, though the video feed is working.

Contacted DJI, this is the ridiculous 'help' I got.

chat.jpg

So... stuck. Broken.

I am not sure what reformatting the SD card has to do with updating via the Go app. This customer service rep is not up-to-date. Additionally, telling customers they must use a PC is not an acceptable answer. When is a iPad Mini 4 not acceptable to use with the P4?

Ok so here's what I did.

I deleted the Go app from my phone, reinstalled. I formatted SD card separately on my iMac. I put a different battery in the P4. And then for some reason, the Go app homescreen message about updating firmware came back (finally). Firmware installed.

Tests later today!

Ok so here's what I did.

I deleted the Go app from my phone, reinstalled. I formatted SD card separately on my iMac. I put a different battery in the P4. And then for some reason, the Go app homescreen message about updating firmware came back (finally). Firmware installed.

Tests later today!

Thanks for the info.

I am not sure what reformatting the SD card has to do with updating via the Go app. This customer service rep is not up-to-date. Additionally, telling customers they must use a PC is not an acceptable answer. When is a iPad Mini 4 not acceptable to use with the P4?

I used my mini4 to update mine this morning, no problems at all...That customer service rep is not yet compatible

After update.... I get rc signal lost..... Stuck there.... Using ios

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

After update.... I get rc signal lost..... Stuck there.... Using ios

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I get the same message. RC signal lost. Firmware updated correctly according to the app, just no connection to controller now. I've rebooted the P4, controller and iPhone 6 + multiple times but still no luck with the RC signal.

I'm in the same boat. Dead in the water. Updated the remote (that was the only option given) and although I get video feed, there is no option to update the craft and I have the RC Signal Lost message. Updating fails using DJI Assistant 2 on Mac and on Windows.

I have also updated the RC and now have the RC Signal Lost message and it doesn't give the update Aircraft message. Trying it using the Go App on Ipad, any fixes for this?

You would think DJI would figure out updates without it becoming a cluster duck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues