Firmware update barometer problem

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom 3 standard and just updated the firmware prior to flying. Now I have an error message indicating barometer error and drone just keeps double beeping.

Is there a way to go back to older firmware version? Or anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Try calibrating the IMU first.
Firmware downgrade:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: bww143
I had the exact same error messages and beeping noises happen when attempting to upgrade/downgrade the firmware on my P3S. Prior to the problem you are describing, I was only able to downgrade to FW 1.6, no farther. This limited downgrade ability appears to be by DJI design, at least when trying to downgrade from 1.7.

Somewhere in the process of changing the FW, I couldn't get the beeping noise to go away. (Using the SD card method) Tried recalibrating compass and IMU with no change (suggested elsewhere) The problems appear to be the result of a failed firmware change. Ended up returning as it appeared totally nonfunctional and attempting further firmware upgrades/downgrades made no difference. Search for Barometer error for more info. Error appears with several P3 models.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: bww143
Looks like I will need to send mine back too. Tried upgrading, downgrading firmware, aloong with IMU and compass calibration. Wont stop beeping either.

Also mentions formatting SD card and starting over again.

Mine has a constant double beep along with the same barometer error. The phone app. said both upgrade and downgrade was success.

I think problem solved. I opened up a ticket to mail back for repair. DJI sent me a new .bin file to try and it seems to be working. I will take out for test flight later.

I think problem solved. I opened up a ticket to mail back for repair. DJI sent me a new .bin file to try and it seems to be working. I will take out for test flight later.
Would you mind posting that .bin file? I'm having the exact same problem as you.

I am not able to upload on here. I am getting a message from the website saying the file type does not have an allowed extension.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers