Firmware unknown

Reaction score
Hi noobie here
Got my P4pro yesterday and started setting everything up - mostly all ok. When it came to checking firmware on controller - in the 'about' section found that firmware version was just listed as 'version unknown'
I assume therefore that I should update to latest current version?
When doing the aircraft - got notification that it needed update and was completed following the right procedure.
Does the same not happen with controller? Have scanned around this and other sites but am confused about what exactly I need to do in order to update the controller's firmware.
Please can someone tell me or point me to the correct step by step procedure for getting the controller firmware sorted.
Also I'm nervous about some comments suggesting the need for reverting to older versions of firmware after updating. Please help
Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

When doing the aircraft - got notification that it needed update and was completed following the right procedure.
Does the same not happen with controller?
You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Thanks - starting to find my way around

In the link above and subsequent instructions it says
16) Start the DJI GO 4 app and click the "Camera" button to enter the camera view.

I don't see or know where to find the "camera" button. Where exactly is it?

DJI changed that label to "ENTER DEVICE" in DJI GO 4.

Ok - have followed the advice and instructions - but at no point has any indication that the RC needs updating. I'll assume it's ok? But I don't know what version it is as all it says is "version Unknown"

957b6e9ba41ff30c0502dcd414b7c1d1.jpg

If there is something else I need to do not already mentioned - please let me know. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub