Firmware storage

Reaction score
I replaced the SD card on the phantom's camera (larger capacity). Now I've been reading a few posts here and there about the firmware being on the SD card. Which one? Is it the SD card that's "hard to remove" in the battery compartment, or the one on the camera? I purchased a new battery as well, so if I download the latest firmware to update the battery, will that take care of it?

SD in battery compartment? .....Your firmware info is in the SD on the camera base side . That's if we are talking about a Phantom 3 Advance or Professional.

The user-accessible SD card on the camera. The internal card is reserved for flight logging.

I replaced the SD card on the phantom's camera (larger capacity). Now I've been reading a few posts here and there about the firmware being on the SD card. Which one? Is it the SD card that's "hard to remove" in the battery compartment, or the one on the camera? I purchased a new battery as well, so if I download the latest firmware to update the battery, will that take care of it?

THANKS ALL for the quick responses. SACMOGV - I was referring to a P3S (should have mentioned that - my bad). Yes, there's an SD card in the battery compartment that holds a flight log (as Dirty Bird said). Are the P3As and P3Ps different in that regard? So basically, I need to just install the latest firmware from DJI on each battery - that's what I got from this. Really appreciate the patience with this newbie. LoL. My airplanes were so much simpler!! I'm sure it's worth it though.

Yes, there's an SD card in the battery compartment that holds a flight log (as Dirty Bird said). Are the P3As and P3Ps different in that regard?
All Phantom 3 models have this internal memory card. It's glued onto the center board. DJI did not intend for us to remove it and/or modify it.

P3-Center-Board-Memory-Card.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl