Firmware situation

Reaction score
The last time I went out to fly my Phantom 3 Advanced, the remote controller started constantly beeping when I powered it up. I shut it down and tried again but the beeping continued. I noticed in the app that it was showing a red triangle with an exclamation point indicating that my firmware needed upgrading. It said my RC firmware needed upgraded and prompted me to go ahead with that since my iPad was connected to the internet by wifi. I went ahead with the upgrade hoping to stop the beeping. The upgrade was successful, but the beeping continued.

Then I discovered that if I moved the right stick, the beeping quit. Everything else indicated it was safe to fly so I did. It flew okay but I noticed a couple of things I hadn't noticed before. First, I kept getting an indication that the video signal was weak, then it would go away. The aircraft was directly above me just under 400 feet. I re-positioned the antennas on the RC to be more horizontal, but it still did it intermittently. The video itself never wavered. Secondly, after initiating the return to home function, while it was descending I tried to yaw the aircraft to look at different things on the ground on the way down and it kept fighting me, trying to yaw back to where it was. I completed the flight normally otherwise.

Later on I looked at the app again and noticed that it said the RC needed calibrated. I had never needed to do this before. I found the calibration and completed it successfully and the beeping stopped. Wish I had done this to begin with before upgrading the RC firmware.

The app is still indicating that the aircraft and camera firmware versions need upgrading.

Anyway, I was wondering if there's a way to downgrade the RC firmware now back to what it was before. I was thinking of trying to do the 1.4.10 upgrade again like I had to when I first got it using the SD card, hoping it might put the RC back to that level, but I doubt that it will and don't want to risk causing even worse problems. Or, I may have to consider upgrading the aircraft to version 1.5.0030, but I really don't want to do that either. I'll have to fly it some more to see how it behaves before making those decisions.

In the meantime, hopefully someone has some helpful advice.

Current firmware versions are now:
App 2.4.2
Aircraft 1.4.10
RC 1.5.70

the remote controller started constantly beeping when I powered it up
As you discovered, that means the remote controller needs to be calibrated. Check out the Phantom manual if you want to learn about the other remote controller beep/light patterns.

I was wondering if there's a way to downgrade the RC firmware now back to what it was before.
The RC cannot be downgraded. Since you already updated it to the latest version, it would be best also update the aircraft. The current firmware version is stable, so you shouldn't run into any issues when flying on the latest firmware.

I have similar, but not exactly the same problems. Yesterday (12/5) I was prompted to update the firmware on my RC (P3-Advanced). I thought this was odd since I had just done so on November 25th to the RC, Phantom and camera, after which everything was working fine. Nevertheless, I did the update through the ipad, downloaded directly to the RC. When I went to fly the Phantom it was clear that something was wrong. I brought it back down and restarted everything. Since then, I get video from the Phantom, but little else (no satellite or battery power). Other readings are inaccurate as well (V.S. 7,062.4M and H.S. 7,100.2M); that’s fast! Currently when I power up everything I get a blinking “Aircraft warming up” message. Also, the following messages have occasionally popped up. Each time I’ve hit “Disagree.”

“Tips Authorize slave controller (null)?”

Agree Disagree

“Tips Authorize slave controller 9Q2?”

Agree Disagree

“Tips Authorize slave controller 9?”

Agree Disagree

Spoke “critically low battery”

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On November 25th I downloaded v1.5.0030. However, I'm not sure what downloaded yesterday to the controller. Is there a way to check that?

In the DJI Go app upper right corner of the screen, touch the menu icon, then "About".

Update.

I flew again today without changing anything and had no issues at all. It was calm today and quite windy the other day when I had the issues. Doesn't explain the weak video signal indication, but could explain the yaw issue. Anyway, I don't think it had anything to do with the firmware.

Had the same issues with my P3A. Updating the DJI Go app worked for me.
Awesome! I just updated the app and it's working correctly. Thanks for your help. I have to ask, what prompted you to update the app to fix the problem?

As you discovered, that means the remote controller needs to be calibrated. Check out the Phantom manual if you want to learn about the other remote controller beep/light patterns.

Can you tell me which manual this is in? I have never seen anything about calibrating the remote controller or the beep/light patterns that indicate it needs done.

Can you tell me which manual this is in? I have never seen anything about calibrating the remote controller or the beep/light patterns that indicate it needs done.
He is referring to stick calibration which will sometimes correct control problems. Anyway, if you have never done one, that may also help.

He is referring to stick calibration which will sometimes correct control problems. Anyway, if you have never done one, that may also help.
Yes, he sure is. I already figured out how to do the calibration as I said in my first post. What I'm looking for is the manual he referred to. Can you point me to that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20