Firmware related gimball tilt when panning?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've looked over a few posts but cannot see anyone with a similar issue (im hot and tired so maybe it's me),

In a nutshell, when I pan (using left/right motion on right stick), the gimbal tilts 45 degrees laterally and the horison is tilted while panning.

Is the consensus that this is firmware related, or a possbile hardware issue with the gimbal? Im also experencing the 'radar' movement issue so may turn that off in the settings as recommended.

i've done the IMU (and regular compass) resets - does anyone know if the IMU has to be reset for each battery, or is it a onetime per firmware update thing?

cheers in advance!
Matt

Anyway, back to playing with my **** at the airfield (NOT flying the Phantom ;-)) - SEE PIC.

Attachments

• 11709826_10155796311115525_7207958328528380178_n.jpg
    11709826_10155796311115525_7207958328528380178_n.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 389
Hi All,

I've looked over a few posts but cannot see anyone with a similar issue (im hot and tired so maybe it's me),

In a nutshell, when I pan (using left/right motion on right stick), the gimbal tilts 45 degrees laterally and the horison is tilted while panning.

Is the consensus that this is firmware related, or a possbile hardware issue with the gimbal? Im also experencing the 'radar' movement issue so may turn that off in the settings as recommended.

i've done the IMU (and regular compass) resets - does anyone know if the IMU has to be reset for each battery, or is it a onetime per firmware update thing?

cheers in advance!
Matt

Anyway, back to playing with my **** at the airfield (NOT flying the Phantom ;-)) - SEE PIC.

Ok, my bad, literally the post before mine talked about a similar issue while 'Banking'...looks like firmware.

Probably not why, but Make sure you are not in FPV flight mode which will fly with a banking type camera motion.... In the app settings. I did this by accident by hitting the button on the bottom of the RC by ac I den.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi All,

cheers in advance!
Matt

I had the exact same issue in 1.1.9. Good news is that 1.2.6 fixed that. Bad news is that it unleashed pandora's box with a slew of other problems. That problem is 100% firmware related.

This is not a typical firmware issue. I'd agree with the first response, check your flight mode...easily mistakenly changed to FPV vs Follow. Some have experienced a seeming FPV lock, that an IMU calibration fixed. More info here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-14780-1-1.html

This is not a typical firmware issue. I'd agree with the first response, check your flight mode...easily mistakenly changed to FPV vs Follow. Some have experienced a seeming FPV lock, that an IMU calibration fixed. More info here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-14780-1-1.html
Many thanks, will give that a go too.

Do you know if you have to do an IMU calibration for each battery? Trying to determine if the tilt only happens with one of my batteries and not the other but keep forgetting to write down which battery i used! (I numbered them).

cheers,
Matt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj