Firmware Question and Help!

Reaction score
I have no idea how this could have happened, but this is what I have on my P3P:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

My bird is brand new off ebay from Buy Dig. This version must have been on an sd card that I put in it and it just started updating so I let it finish. I got the success txt. It looks old. I am seeing posts with pilots who have 1.10.90 wanting to go back to 1.9.60 and being told that if you go 1.10.90 that DJI says there is no going back. When I fly the status bar has says DJI GO(Vision) which is very confusing. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Brand new does not mean it has the latest FW 1.10.90 in this case. Did you check what FW did it come with after it was connected the first time?

On the app that says Vision, I think it actually says Ready to Go (Vision). It means you had VPS on but did not have enough satellites.

Just got a new P3P last month from B&H and went through a similar freak out. It took a little time outside for the status to finally get gps, I've had no issues with this latest firmware since.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Brand new does not mean it has the latest FW 1.10.90 in this case. Did you check what FW did it come with after it was connected the first time?

On the app that says Vision, I think it actually says Ready to Go (Vision). It means you had VPS on but did not have enough satellites.
I did not check the firmware that came on it. I just switched out the sd card that came with it because it was only 10 gig. I have a much larger sd card that obviously had version of firmware on it and the bird saw it and started updating. I let it finish because I assumed it was a relatively new version. I have asked many times on this forum if the 1.08.0080 is good and no one is answering or replying. I am obviously confused because it begins with 1.08 which in number seems way old compared to 1.10. I am hoping to be able to go to 1.9.6 which a lot of people seem to want to be on. Can you get 1.9.6 from DJI or do you have to get their newest?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Paul

I did not check the firmware that came on it. I just switched out the sd card that came with it because it was only 10 gig. I have a much larger sd card that obviously had version of firmware on it and the bird saw it and started updating. I let it finish because I assumed it was a relatively new version. I have asked many times on this forum if the 1.08.0080 is good and no one is answering or replying. I am obviously confused because it begins with 1.08 which in number seems way old compared to 1.10. I am hoping to be able to go to 1.9.6 which a lot of people seem to want to be on. Can you get 1.9.6 from DJI or do you have to get their newest?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Paul

I never had any problems with 1.08.0080 but updated one of my drones to 1.09.60 anyway. Since you are at 1.08.0080, you can upgrade to 1.09.60. If you can't find the file, let me know.

I have no idea how this could have happened, but this is what I have on my P3P:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

My bird is brand new off ebay from Buy Dig. This version must have been on an sd card that I put in it and it just started updating so I let it finish. I got the success txt. It looks old. I am seeing posts with pilots who have 1.10.90 wanting to go back to 1.9.60 and being told that if you go 1.10.90 that DJI says there is no going back. When I fly the status bar has says DJI GO(Vision) which is very confusing. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!
The firmware still shows on the DJI site.
Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI

Where did you get the 1.8 that you accidentally installed?

FYI that AC 1.8 was released with a new encryption along with RC 1.6. If you accidentally rolled back from 1.9 to 1.8, your RC should be fine since your AC and RC would still have the same new encryption. However, if you accidentally went to 1.8 from something older you will have created an encryption mismatch. Your AC would have the new encryption but your RC would still have the old.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl