Firmware out of the box

Reaction score
I've read so much about how awful DJI support is so I'm leaning on y'all...

Prior to PH 1.1.1 arriving yesterday, I downloaded and installed DJI assistant 2.20 from the DJI Phantom 1 downloads site. It's running on a Windows 8.1 laptop, fairly new.

I charged my batteries (finally), started up Assistant, powered on the transmitter, and connected the PH to the laptop. Then I connected power to the PH. When I click on Upgrade, there is no indication of current firmware and when I click on the "No updates" link I get "Please connect to the controller!" (see attached)

After all the flyaway scares, I'm terrified of first flight w/out confirming the firmware.

What can/should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Attachments

• Update.JPG
    Update.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 455
Another follow-up:

I tried calibrating the joysticks just to see if the Assistant was responding. Upon clicking "Start" there were no indications that the joysticks were responding. :(

Sorry you had to figure it out on your own, but yes it was the driver installation (big help I am, no?). While it's great to finally sort out problems for yourself, hopefully we can be for some assistance in the future :) i somehow didn't see your post or I would have responded sooner.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl