Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Firmware out of the box

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by tailspin, Jul 12, 2014.

1. tailspin

I've read so much about how awful DJI support is so I'm leaning on y'all...

Prior to PH 1.1.1 arriving yesterday, I downloaded and installed DJI assistant 2.20 from the DJI Phantom 1 downloads site. It's running on a Windows 8.1 laptop, fairly new.

I charged my batteries (finally), started up Assistant, powered on the transmitter, and connected the PH to the laptop. Then I connected power to the PH. When I click on Upgrade, there is no indication of current firmware and when I click on the "No updates" link I get "Please connect to the controller!" (see attached)

After all the flyaway scares, I'm terrified of first flight w/out confirming the firmware.

What can/should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Attached Files:

2. tailspin

Follow-up:

I tried all the above using my son's laptop. Same result. Ugh....

B

3. tailspin

Another follow-up:

I tried calibrating the joysticks just to see if the Assistant was responding. Upon clicking "Start" there were no indications that the joysticks were responding. :(

4. tailspin

OK, sorry to talk myself out loud here. I didn't install the driver. All good now... :/

5. ElGuano

Sorry you had to figure it out on your own, but yes it was the driver installation (big help I am, no?). While it's great to finally sort out problems for yourself, hopefully we can be for some assistance in the future :) i somehow didn't see your post or I would have responded sooner.