P3 Firmware Firmware or bird problem?

Reaction score
Hi, I have manually downloaded the new firmware for my advanced drone to the sd card through my mac. But I get a solid red and blinking yellow when I start the drone.

Do the sd card have to be formated before putting the bin file on the card, or can you just delete the old files?

Do the solid red indicate something else might be wrong? The rc remote led turns green when I turn on the aircraft but it says rc connection lost in the display on my phone. /Karl

Have you updated the RC and the GO app? (Android app needs to be 2.7.2....IOS is still 2.7.1) RC has to be updated for it to connect. v1.6

Last edited:
Hi, I have manually downloaded the new firmware for my advanced drone to the sd card through my mac. But I get a solid red and blinking yellow when I start the drone.

Do the sd card have to be formated before putting the bin file on the card, or can you just delete the old files?

Do the solid red indicate something else might be wrong? The rc remote led turns green when I turn on the aircraft but it says rc connection lost in the display on my phone. /Karl

watch this link

I updated my RC wirelessly via wifi. Couldn't be simpler, yet they don't show this as an option.

Followed the video.
Still cant update the aircraft, there is no update sound, nothing seems to happen.

I tried to update the rc through the usb option with 2 different cards but it didnt turn blue, but its already updated so maybe thats why It cant be updated again...

Not sure what else to try

I deleted 2.7.1 then downloaded 2.7.2. I formatted the sd card thru the DJI GO app. Downloaded 1.8.8 to the sd card thru the computer then put the sd card in the Phantom Advance and turned it on with the rc off. Took a couple of minutes before it started uploading the new firmware. After it was finished, I turned the Phantom off then turned the rc on along with starting DJI GO app then the Phantom on again. Once connected, I updated the rc via the DJI GO app wirelessly. Once the rc is updated, I calibrated IMU and compass. Everything went well, about 25 minutes worth. Flies great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Dji go app is 2.7.2 rc is updated to 1.6, I tried to format the sd card through the rc but got a fault, Im not sure this is because that of a bad sd card or that the rc cant connect to the drone.

I really hope its the sd card and not the drone, perhaps I should mention that My last landing was a little rough, it didnt tip over or crash but sat down a little hard and the blades sliced through some vegetation, but this should not damage it or its very fragile.

But why bother updating if your bird flys ok?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The remote controller is now 1.6, that means I must use the app to update the aircraft, right? But I only get a message about updating the remote in the app and not anything about the aircraft, only " the aircraft may require update" but not an option to do so...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl