Firmware noob

Reaction score
Sorry to ask a noob question (don't shoot me down) but really struggling with updating my firmware and worried I've messed up.

So just received my P3A and had a message in Go App that needed to update the firmware. So went to dji.com and downloaded Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.6.0040 and updated the aircraft fine .txt file confirmed success. I then connected RC to the aircraft via the gimbal and noting happened. Summarily when connecting SD card to usb in the rc nothing happened. I then read that Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.6.0040 doesn't include an RC update (is this correct?) so downloaded Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.5.0030 and again nothing...I have now stopped trying! Please can someone explain what I have done wrong!!!

Thanks in advance

seem to have done it through go app now...
App: 2.6.1
RC: 1.5.70
Aircraft: 1.6.40

am i up to date? should i calibrate imu and gimbal?

thanks

Can't help with the P3A firmware as I operate a P3P and a P2 (you can check on DJI's web site to see the latest firmware for the three you mention) but without question every time you do a firmware update you should perform a IMU and gimbal calibration.

Sorry to ask a noob question (don't shoot me down) but really struggling with updating my firmware and worried I've messed up.

So just received my P3A and had a message in Go App that needed to update the firmware. So went to dji.com and downloaded Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.6.0040 and updated the aircraft fine .txt file confirmed success. I then connected RC to the aircraft via the gimbal and noting happened. Summarily when connecting SD card to usb in the rc nothing happened. I then read that Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.6.0040 doesn't include an RC update (is this correct?) so downloaded Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.5.0030 and again nothing...I have now stopped trying! Please can someone explain what I have done wrong!!!

Thanks in advance
Dont think theres an update for the r/c in the firmware v1.6.0040

Thank you. Looks like I'm up to dare then. Does each firmware upgrade come with release notes and if so where do I get them?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj