Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Firmware idea

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by VickyMarie, Aug 10, 2015.

1. VickyMarie

I've had an idea. Sometimes when I'm flying I want to note particular moments - flipped into ATTI, reached 400 feet, a particular manoeuvre I want to watch on the video, for example. So I would like one of the rear buttons to be programmable to place a small red dot on the video at the moment I press it, just for a few frames or so, then later in post-processing I can find those moments and say, Ah! 400 feet!

What do you think?

AlmostTan likes this.
  2. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

What you want is a time code marker in the metadata.

3. Neil McRae

yeah a great idea - motor racing drivers have such a button for marking the telemetry of the car to help track issues.

4. AlmostTan

I would love this too.

5. MarkEngland

Gopro cameras have this function.

6. Dome

If you enable .SRT files you can have many telemetry informations accessible during video. I don't use normally and I didn't test on the new DJI Go App ... but may help you, although it's not exactly what you want.

7. VickyMarie

Thanks for the responses. I've seen the SRTs and switched them off. They're too big and ugly on the screen, and I don't believe they can be brought into an FCPX timeline, but anyway, I really wanted the facility to just make an ad-hoc mark on the video for my own memory of events, which may not of course include what an SRT contains.

Ian Wood, yes, I suppose a marker of some sort, visible or not, is the idea. The GoPro may have such a facility, but it doesn't fit on the P3P! But as a matter of interest, would you be able to trigger it when the craft is at 400 feet? I can't see how. I use a GoPro 4 on our hex and it's pretty unintelligent - you have to remember to start recording before take off, even.

8. Dome

This is a firmware feature to implement by DJI, I think... An third-part app can implement something like this, but overlay on the video realtime (during footage) I don't know if it is provided by DJI SDK.

9. tvckz

I would like to have beeping option when it stops recording (SD card is full). Kind of alarm for stupid like me. I was filming one wedding and I was sure that I am recording.. ha ha. No. Card was full... I had an unpleasant conversation with my client after that, and had to give him free flying time... I do not film or fly for free... Now I have to