P3 Firmware Firmware frustration....

Reaction score
I installed a new camera on my p3s... (exact replacement) .. Camera's not working, no signal. I formated the SD, got a copy of a firmware update bin file,. Now I can't find an app that will that will decompress the file.... they all just let me view it... there's got to be an easy way to fix this.... also, I saw a vid here on the forum showing a tiny reset button on the side.... does the p3s have one I can't see?

You don't need to decompress the .bin file. Just add it to the SDCard start only the phantom (not the remote) & let it go thru the update process.

Thanks LW.... it's an older update file, cause I can't find latest version..... dgi-go says it has latest update... how long do I leave the drone on by itself? ..I tried it for 4 minutes, wasn't making anymore sounds..... still no signal

The very latest update will be on the DJI website. Go to the Phantom section, find your particular Phantom 3 scroll down till you see the FW section & download the latest one. Should be FW 1.8

I didn't realize that the firmware for the plane is on the web, and you manually install it via the SD card, BUT the firmware for the RC is done via the DJI Go app automatically when you start it up. I had watched all these firmware You Tube videos and they show you first upgrading the plane, then using the same .bin file you stick the SD card into the RC and upgrade that. Well NO, that is now not the way to do it I see. My RC just sat there and did nothing. I removed the SD card and saw just by shear mistake that you now upgrade the RC via DJI Go.
It all went fine but I see the RC is a different version than the plane. Plane has the latest 1.08, but the RC automatically downloaded 1.06. Everything is connected and working so I hope it's OK. Taking the P3 out for it's maiden tomorrow!

Last edited:
Thanks for the response Keith..... Ive had the p3 for a few months. Ive installed several firmware updates through the app with no problems..... I replaced my damaged camera with exact replacement.... no video.... the old camera still gave me video.... app says "no signal"...I have wifi connection.... I can fly it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31