Firmware for Radio/RC

Reaction score
I updated my P3 the other day, the app said an update was required for the P3 and camera,, that went fine. I did Not update the Radio/RC (300A)
Everything was fine after the update.. Just now when I open the Dji go app it says there is a new update for the Radio//RC version 1.5.7 available.
This pop up didn't show up on the app until today..
I went to the Dji site under support,then downloads and it shows the phantom3 updates for the phantom to be 1.5.30 ,that is what I used to update the phantom, but there is
Nothing for the Radio/RC with the firmware version 1.5.7.
Thoughts?
Dale

1.5.7 is the latest firmware version for the remote controller. For some reason, DJI does not always post the changes on their website when only the remote controller firmware is updated.

1.5.7 is the latest firmware version for the remote controller. For some reason, DJI does not always post the changes on their website when only the remote controller firmware is updated.

I just looked and their isn't a firmware file to download for the radio with the 1.5.7 number.. I did use 1.5.30 firmware but used that Only on the phantom Not the radio.so I'm wondering if I should redo the phantom again and also try it on the radio. Or just do the radio..
When the app said new firmware is required the other day it said, phantom and camera that's all, after it said everything is up to date after even thou I did Not do the radio.
Dale

All remote controller updates after firmware version 1.3.2 must be installed via the DJI GO app. You do not need to reinstall the firmware on your Phantom. In fact, if you try to do that, the TXT file will just tell you it's already installed.

I updated my P3 the other day, the app said an update was required for the P3 and camera,, that went fine. I did Not update the Radio/RC (300A)
Everything was fine after the update.. Just now when I open the Dji go app it says there is a new update for the Radio//RC version 1.5.7 available.
This pop up didn't show up on the app until today..
I went to the Dji site under support,then downloads and it shows the phantom3 updates for the phantom to be 1.5.30 ,that is what I used to update the phantom, but there is
Nothing for the Radio/RC with the firmware version 1.5.7.
Thoughts?
Dale
There is nothing wrong. DJI go app has noticed that the RC firmware is not the latest matching with other FW/ SW and is prompting you to update. Click on the warning sign and allow it to download via Internet on your device and install it.

It is absolutely necessary that P3 FW, RC FW and DJI are in synch to each other else something may go wrong somewhere. No one can guarantee that you can work with different combinations of SW and FW. Choice is yours.

All remote controller updates after firmware version 1.3.2 must be installed via the DJI GO app. You do not need to reinstall the firmware on your Phantom. In fact, if you try to do that, the TXT file will just tell you it's already installed.
I thought the RC firmware only installed thro the app if your Radio/RC was the newer 300B version, mine is the 300A , when I updated to from 1.3 to 1.4 I upgraded the radio using the sd card plugged into a USB flash drive that worked fine,when 1.4 came out there was instructions that said use the phantom firmware for the RC unless you had the 300b Radio/RC then that 300b work be done thro the app.
Dale

What's 300A and 300B?

There are two versions of the P3 RC. The first is Version 300A, the latest is 300B.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
What's the difference?

TI DaVinci hardware decoder in the 300A. No such option in the 300B.

What that implies? No idea.
I can tell you I have both versions and have used them both on the same P3P and cannot tell the difference what so ever.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The only difference is that you can't upgrade the firmware of the 300A from the app but only from the usb port with the memory card.However if you replace the usb board of the 300A radio with the hdmi usb board the radio can upgrade from the app.I just did that and i can upgrade my 300A radio from the application.

Reactions: bobmyers
300A is the first edition, 300 B in the second .
I wanted to know the differences between 300A and 300B to correlate issues seen by others. I have 300B and never noticed signal loss or choppy video or loss of video even on my iPad mini 2.

One of the DJI statement I read on forum was that RC can be updated through DJI Go App on 300B.

Other differences I saw were missing video hardware decoder on 300B but better USB hardware.

Reactions: bobmyers
The only difference is that you can't upgrade the firmware of the 300A from the app but only from the usb port with the memory card.However if you replace the usb board of the 300A radio with the hdmi usb board the radio can upgrade from the app.I just did that and i can upgrade my 300A radio from the application.
Not true, you update the RC from the app now or not at all. The A or B version makes no difference.
There is no link to a downloadable firmware for the RC, the app will do it when you go into the menu and initiate it.
You might need to update the app first ?

I wanted to know the differences between 300A and 300B to correlate issues seen by others. I have 300B and never noticed signal loss or choppy video or loss of video even on my iPad mini 2.

One of the DJI statement I read on forum was that RC can be updated through DJI Go App on 300B.

Other differences I saw were missing video hardware decoder on 300B but better USB hardware.
Older model 300A obviously is better since it has a dedicated hardware decoder. Kinda like a discrete graphic card vs integrated. While 300B might have faster USB (3.0?), the included cable is 2.0 version. I wonder if you will get better results with USB 3.0 cables.

There have been a few very long threads here and on the DJI forum about whether the A or B RC were seeing more or less of the signal loss issues. The consensus seemed to be that there was no correlation.

When the RC updating with the app was first introduced, it worked only on the B version. Now RC updates with the app are done with both the A and B versions.

Last edited:
Older model 300A obviously is better since it has a dedicated hardware decoder. Kinda like a discrete graphic card vs integrated. While 300B might have faster USB (3.0?), the included cable is 2.0 version. I wonder if you will get better results with USB 3.0 cables.

In order to get high frame rates, video signals are compressed and then decided on the receiving end. But as I know RC, both models, support HDMI modules, it's better to decode signals on the RC itself. Not sure how DJI has implemented hardware decoding as I see an option on DJI Go App for it. Does that mean HW decoding can be done on RC as well on DJI go App?

Better usb HW will definitely support higher bit rate and thus will improve the video quality. I have iPad Mini 2 and I get reasonably good quality though it supports only USB 2 protocols. Many details are not available to us to really understand the functioning and thus help other members. We just try to figure out based on what we see, read and experience.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj