FIRMWARE FIX

Reaction score
Okay gang i fix the firmware problem for all the birds that have been down for several days. By now everyone knows DJI and Apple have been working slowly on this and the problem is because of the RC update to 1.6.0. However no one on the forum as had a temporary solution so we can be flying again until these guys fix the updates to work.

This is what i did: I disconnected my Apple Mini 4 and busted out my Andriod phone and linked it up to the controller which was now showing 1.6.0 where as before it said Unknown on the IOS device. I downloaded the RC back to 1.5.80 and wha la it started the bird. I then was able to re hook up my Apple mini 4 back again and it worked, started the bird and it was NO longer flashing " RC Signal Lost ". Cheee

Fly Gang and no worries about the updates anymore. If your bird is flying fine "DO NOT UPDATE ANY FIRMWARE". Just FLY baby. Just my opinion!!!

Hope this helps...

Reactions: Haverluk
Is this related to the "diaconnected" problem from before? Somehow, magically I managed to not have this problem if not, that you are speaking of but my friend called me last night and asked me for my fix and he said he was getting "RC signal" issue and I had no idea what he was talking about until your post.

Ill forward him this. Thanks.

I am never doing any updates to my p4 as a rule now until either I have to or it's been tested. Seems like every firmware is a beta.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Bo
Okay gang i fix the firmware problem for all the birds that have been down for several days. By now everyone knows DJI and Apple have been working slowly on this and the problem is because of the RC update to 1.6.0. However no one on the forum as had a temporary solution so we can be flying again until these guys fix the updates to work.

This is what i did: I disconnected my Apple Mini 4 and busted out my Andriod phone and linked it up to the controller which was now showing 1.6.0 where as before it said Unknown on the IOS device. I downloaded the RC back to 1.5.80 and wha la it started the bird. I then was able to re hook up my Apple mini 4 back again and it worked, started the bird and it was NO longer flashing " RC Signal Lost ". Cheee

Fly Gang and no worries about the updates anymore. If your bird is flying fine "DO NOT UPDATE ANY FIRMWARE". Just FLY baby. Just my opinion!!!

Hope this helps...
I had the same problem with 1.6.0 and I have android. There is a man on the net who showed how to downgrade back to 1.5.8. On the main screen there is a box on the right upper side that you press and hold until it goes to a page where it allows you to downgrade back. It got my bird back in order. I have only had my p3p for two weeks so it freaked me out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4