Firmware download to mac

Reaction score
Hi new to the forum, trying to setup. Have searched the forum for this and I apologize if this has been covered. I downloaded the latest firmware and assume the file is still zipped and when I try to open or archive, it archives the file but turns it into a .bin.cpgz file. When I click on that it turns it into the original .bin file.
Have heard that the mac already opens the zip file but Im unsure of this and do not want to add the whole file if unzipped into the p3a or onto the card. The original file as it reads in my downloads is P3S_FW_V01.06.0040.bin and the size shown is 62.7 mb.
Anyone have experience doing this with a mac?
Thanks so much in advance!

You should copy the .BIN file to the root of your memory card.

Thank you for your repIy. I didn't see the User Manual or instructions that I have seen others get when they download the firmware so I assumed this was still in zip form. Hoping to get someone that has done this with a mac and verify what the file looks like directly from DJI. Not a wiz on the mac or pc for that matter so didn't know if this was still a zipped file. Anyway to tell?

Look at the file extension. If it's unzipped, it'll have a .BIN extension.

That's okay. If needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Checked out that link and used it to complete the process Thank You. I saw the video stating to calibrate the imu and rc. The vid on the imu was very informative am going to do some searches on calibrating the rc. Maybe tomorrow can get this thing in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.