Firmware download page

S

sandman259

Did something change on the download page I remember the last time I downloaded the firmware it downloaded as a zip file that I had to unzip then there were two files then, a pdf file and the bin file... Now when I download the file from the page it comes to me as a bin file, not a zip file. And there is only the one bin file. Do I just use that bin file like I did before or double click the bin? If I do double click the bin file it just opens up another bin file but with a few more letters at the end.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The firmware is zipped if you download it from DJI's website. You should put the BIN in the root of your memory card. Follow these instructions.

9b5bdae72bb6e17eff535e453d7da548.jpg
. This is what it looks like when I download it to my computer without doing anything to it yet....
f98a98dd6804d872179ed7f9d65e0307.jpg
. This is what it does when open the file, double clicking on a Mac...I've never seen it like this before...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't have a Mac, but every time someone asks this question the responses are that a Mac unzips automatically and the bin file you see is what to use.

No personal experience, just repeating what I've read here many times from Mac users such as yourself. Of course that doesn't explain why you've never seen it happen before today. My guess is a setting change on your Mac.

Good luck sir.

Last edited:
Have you tried to copy and paste it into your micro sd card already?

RedHotPoker

PC here, so not able to run that test. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Yes I think mine downloaded as a zip file too the last time I downloaded firmware. Not sure why it's showing it like this now. I haven't tried to put the bin file on my sd card yet because I wasn't sure if it was the correct one seeing that there wasn't a pdf file along with the download like before..

Ok I figured it out, somehow in my settings for safari it got changed and automatically unzipped all files downloaded. But I still can't figure out what happened to the pdf file that is usually with it...
6f56ac5a8de671024f050ba32d06e59d.jpg
3c80ed13dfc0439881117159321c8834.jpg

So this is what it looks like now when I download it and the second image when I open it. Isn't it missing the pdf file? I thought when I unzipped it that a bin file and pdf file would appear?

Did they get rid of the PDF file that used to come in the zip file?

How long has it been since you did any firmware updates to your drone? ;-)

Yes, there are no more extraneous files...
Haven't seen them for several of our recent updates now...

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic