Firmware download for Phantom 3 standard?

Absolutely right! It reminds me of when Amazon started out. The first year, shipping was a nightmare and nobody got their orders in time for the holidays. Then, the service just got better and better...

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here. I got my DJI Phantom 3 Standard after Thanksgiving and have been flying it. Couple days ago it told me I needed to update the firmware. Today, everything worked but the camera wasn't showing a view or taking pics/video. I guessed it was because I haven't updated the firmware. I went through all of it and downloaded it to my smartphone (Galaxy 5 Note) with no problem. Started installing it, just as directed to the drone, and got 20%, it stuck for a while, then I saw it said upload failed. Power down and try again later. I tried, and my drone started making a horribly loud beeping noise, but everything looked like it was working. I thought the beep would stop, but nope.
So when I get off work, I'm going to take it home and try to figure it out. I see that someone provided a link to download the latest firmware, but when I clicked the link it only took me to old stuff from previous years. Could someone please give me some assistance? I really don't want to screw up my drone.
Thank you in advance!
Hammer

So I tried to update firmware today and it all went horribly wrong. Super loud beeping went on and on. Pets were freaking out. Wife got peeved. It was tense. Finally pieced together these factors and fixed it. Not sure which ones mattered or helped, but in the end after a couple hours it got fixed and my P3S finally stopped screaming at me. Here is what I did: (1) Delete apps on iPad to make lots of room for update download. (2) Deleted and reinstalled DJI Go on iPad. (3) Formatted SD card while it was loaded in drone using DJI Go app (4) removed SD card from drone and put in computer and downloaded newest firmware bin file (downloaded from link provided by msinger above - thanks!) into hidden misc folder on sd card (5) shut everything off - AC, RC iPad - and started RC, then iPad, then connected Wifi to RC (6) then with fresh battery in AC started it up, then it connected to DJI Go, and . . . Voila! Got the firmware update message again in DJI Go and (7) then downloaded the update and followed the instructions on the DJI Go app and completed the update successfully! The horrible beeping stopped about half way through and it changed to the nice low click beeping and finished the update in about half an hour. Now once again it just works! I really think DJI needs to get their act together in that (a) there was no actual firmware bin file to download on the P3S download page - just documents, and (b) their instructions for the firmware update skips a lot of steps and assume you know a lot that is not written there and (c) they should provide weekend support in the US as this is a hobby for most people who work during the week and fly (and have problems) on the weekends. That said, I love my drone and think it is an awesome product even if the support is sketchy. Fly on!

Thank you for this information. It worked for me. Though what I did was to place the .bin file in the root directory of the micro SD (I read somewhere that this is what you need to do) and at the same time in the hidden MISC folder to be sure. My detected it and updated the firmware without an issue this time.

I finally got it to load and install...now I'm having problems with weak signal! I can get to about 200 ft altitude and I lose signal. Before the update I could get up to 400 no problem. Any advice?

Thank you for this information. It worked for me. Though what I did was to place the .bin file in the root directory of the micro SD (I read somewhere that this is what you need to do) and at the same time in the hidden MISC folder to be sure. My detected it and updated the firmware without an issue this time.
So you placed the bin file in both root and misc file ?

You can download the firmware from here. I don't think anyone had any luck trying to manually install it though.

Thanks a lot. Will give it a try.

Hi

Just got a preowned p3s and I'm new to drones.

How many devices have fw? (Battery,drone and rc)
How do I check what version I'm on?
What are the optimum fw?
Are there restrictions in downgrading?

My drone needs to be relinked every time after being switched off. I'm sure this is just a fw issue.

Any help appreciated. Can't wait to fly this bird...

Great forum btw

So I tried to update firmware today and it all went horribly wrong. Super loud beeping went on and on. Pets were freaking out. Wife got peeved. It was tense. Finally pieced together these factors and fixed it. Not sure which ones mattered or helped, but in the end after a couple hours it got fixed and my P3S finally stopped screaming at me. Here is what I did: (1) Delete apps on iPad to make lots of room for update download. (2) Deleted and reinstalled DJI Go on iPad. (3) Formatted SD card while it was loaded in drone using DJI Go app (4) removed SD card from drone and put in computer and downloaded newest firmware bin file (downloaded from link provided by msinger above - thanks!) into hidden misc folder on sd card (5) shut everything off - AC, RC iPad - and started RC, then iPad, then connected Wifi to RC (6) then with fresh battery in AC started it up, then it connected to DJI Go, and . . . Voila! Got the firmware update message again in DJI Go and (7) then downloaded the update and followed the instructions on the DJI Go app and completed the update successfully! The horrible beeping stopped about half way through and it changed to the nice low click beeping and finished the update in about half an hour. Now once again it just works! I really think DJI needs to get their act together in that (a) there was no actual firmware bin file to download on the P3S download page - just documents, and (b) their instructions for the firmware update skips a lot of steps and assume you know a lot that is not written there and (c) they should provide weekend support in the US as this is a hobby for most people who work during the week and fly (and have problems) on the weekends. That said, I love my drone and think it is an awesome product even if the support is sketchy. Fly on!

Sent from my A1-850 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic