Firmware downgrade

Guys trying to downgrade controller from v1.6 ti v1.5 but i need advice on how to do this. Thanks

Stephen,

FWIW, 1.5 is a bad version. Lot's of issues, I'd stay away from it. From what I've read 1.6 is fairly solid. I'm on 1.4 but you can't get there now. I'd suggest staying on 1.6 or moving to 1.8. Read the threads about installing 1.8 as it needs to be updated properly. If you really want to go to 1.5, extract the 1.5 bin file, put it on a clean SD card (nothing else on the card), put it in the bird and fire it up. Make sure your RC is off when you do so. I wouldn't recommend it.

Jerry

So you want to downgrade your RC firmware. When on the GO app home screen with your RC connected to your mobile device, press and hold the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner for about ten seconds and see if you get the screen below. Note: Keep in mind that bird FW 1.8 is tied to RC FW 1.6. If you have one, you must have the other.

RC downgrade screen.jpg

Last edited:
If you downgrade RC version to 1.5, ensure you downgrade A/C version too from 1.8 to a lower version say 1.7

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20