Firmware downgrade question

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

I just downgraded the FW on my P3P from 1.7 to 1.6 and it says that the camera needs a firmware update. Is there a way to get rid of that message? The 1.6 FW bin file is on the microsd card.

Thanks

Well done! I want to do the same, how did you do it?

Download the 1.6 FW from DJI.com and extract the zip file. You should see a .bin file. Copy this file onto the microsd card that goes into camera/gimbal and power up your drone.

I just downgraded the FW on my P3P from 1.7 to 1.6 and it says that the camera needs a firmware update. Is there a way to get rid of that message? The 1.6 FW bin file is on the microsd card.

Thanks
I don't think there is a way for you to suppress that message as it is reminding you that a later version of the FW is available.

Thanks for that. :) Just like a normal upgrade then.
Yes, do it just like a normal upgrade. It's usually routine stuff.
Keep in mind that you can normally only downgrade to one version below the highest that you have ever had installed.
So for example, you can't go from 1.7 to 1.6, and then go from 1.6 to 1.5. Since you've had 1.7 installed, 1.6 is the lowest available to you using standard methods.

First post here. Just got a p3 pro last week. Why would you downgrade the firmware?

First post here. Just got a p3 pro last week. Why would you downgrade the firmware?

I suppose really its what you get used to. Went flying the other day and after a few mins I decided to move to get a better view of a tree I was doing practice circuits around. Of course when you first take off the drone registers that spot as the 'Home' Point. Anything goes wrong and you loose contact for what ever reason that is where it will go back and land. You can also re-set the 'Home Point' to use the Remote Controller, the RC, as the home point. Then instead of returning to the take off point it will return to the RC. All you have to do is click on the bottom little icon on the screen and you can set-reset the Home Point quickly and easily. For instance if you are on a boat you would not want the drone to land where it took off would you? So two taps on the screen would sort that.

I digress. Ok I move. I want to re-set the HP. Go to tap the Icon like I have a dozen times before................. its gone. Could not find it anywhere. After I got home I went hunting for this option to find it buried in the software options. Made if far more complicated than it need be. But I thought I would get used to it eventually. Out flying yesterday went to re-set HP. After much shielding of the screen from the suns glare I eventually found it. I tapped the RC HP option. It would not re-set. Just got the message 'Home Point Not Set'. Non of the previous voice confirmations either. Does that mean all the Home Points not set? or just the RC HP? So now I want to go back to the system I like and is reliable. That is why I want to go backwards on this "update". If it aint broke why fix it?

Hope this clarifies things.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub