Firmware Debacle P3A

Reaction score
So I hadn't used my P3A in 4 months or so and last week I took it out to fly it. DJI Go wouldn't connect to the drone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still wouldn't connect. I was able to spin up the props with the controller but no app. So I read up and really couldnt find anything that helped. I figured I would try updating the firmware which I had not done since last summer. I download 1.10.90 and start the firmware update process. Its going smoothly and as that is happening, I am reading DJI forums and seeing post after post about that firmware version being a disaster for the camera and that DJI knows this is a problem and its months from a fix. Well I want to use my drone for filming now, so I panic (yes I know how dumb this is) and turn the drone off and cancel the firmware update thinking maybe I can go back one version. Nope. Now nothing works. I have tried everything. Each time I put the SD card in the drone and turn it on, I just get the loud BEEP BEEP BEEP of death. I had read that eventually the drone will accept the update but after one hour, still just the beep. I see lots of videos and posts about fixing this issue for the P3S, but not for the Advanced. Any ideas?

Try installing the firmware again by following these instructions exactly. If you hear the loud beeping again, let it continue until the firmware has finished updating.

Fyi never ever ever ever abort a firmware update on any device unless you know specifically that it's not harmful for that device to do so.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

I did following these instructions to a tee when I tried to reinstall after my (stupid) abort. One thing to point out is that DJI Go will not connect to the remote under any circumstance. I have tried several times deleting and reinstalling the app and then trying again. As it won't connect, I can't update the controller with the app. One thing I haven't tried is using a different SD card to try the install. I can't imagine that would make a difference but maybe. I suppose I could also try using my iPad to connect with the controller. I havent tried that.

Fyi never ever ever ever abort a firmware update on any device unless you know specifically that it's not harmful for that device to do so.

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet
Yeah I know better too. Super irritated that I did it.

One thing to point out is that DJI Go will not connect to the remote under any circumstance. I have tried several times deleting and reinstalling the app and then trying again.
When you attempted to install the firmware the first time, did you install the remote controller firmware before the Phantom firmware? If so, you'll need to downgrade the remote controller firmware like this and then follow my instructions to install the firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31