Firmware: Anyone else failing to download or update to v1.01.0301?

The problem is the Assistant software fails. And when the bird and remote were on the last firmware, it would only prompt to do the RC. So how are you supposed to circumvent that?

Got to do the P4 first like every other Phantom. Downgrade the firmware in the RC.

My only issue was that, for some reason, I had to keep hitting the "continue download" button every time it popped up. I don't know why this was the case since I have great wifi coverage throughout my house. But it all went well and ended successfully. I like the upgrade process for the P4 better than the P3. So much easier.

I wonder if they strengthened any of the limitations. Or if the added "security" in radio transmission translates to a stronger signal since there have been some complaints about it being weaker than the P3. You don't know what to believe because there are others who have distance-tested and went over 4 miles with the P4. How can you argue with that? Why on earth you'd want to go further than a couple of miles is beyond me. The battery limits your flying distance anyway. The only reason I take an interest in these distance tests is that I just want to feel that extra confidence I won't lose the signal under normal flying conditions, but that's the only reason since I can't think of any occasion when I'd want to fly that far off. Except maybe to get a closer look at Area 51. Just kidding! But come on, who hasn't thought of that? LOL! I'm sure we'd get shot down in a heartbeat if we attempted that.

I saw on the news a few weeks ago that the government has developed a device for disabling UAVs with some sort of wand they were demonstrating. It was incredibly easy. They just pointed, pressed a button, and down the drone went..total loss of power. That's not very nice. Ha!

I'm having the same problem others have mentioned. Lost connection and update fail in the assistant app.
Hopefully you have an android tablet to update from. I had both an android tablet and a IOS tablet. The IOS Ipad with the old Go app seems to be the issue. I switched to my android tablet and reloaded the GO app from the DJI Web page (new go app) everything loaded with no issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj