Firmware: Anyone else failing to download or update to v1.01.0301?

Reaction score
Anyone else having issue to update to v1.01.0301? In DJI Assistance it tries to download but fails a 22% for me.

upload_2016-4-7_23-3-41.png

upload_2016-4-7_23-1-37.png

Nevermind. The DJI App on Android finally prompt'd an upgrade at the home page (before entering camera) and it downloaded and updated correctly. Always wonder what that USB to Micro adapter was for.

Hopefully they will fix DJI Assistance Update process if it not not computer related.

Apparently there's an update for DJI Assistant 2 but it doesn't work properly. It updates behind the scenes and tells you to restart the app. After restart it is the same old version which updates again and tells you to restart again. Infinite loop of that.

The Official Firmware Update Thread lets try to keep all of the firmware updates centralized so we're not discussing the same thing in several places

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem others have mentioned. Lost connection and update fail in the assistant app.

I'm having the same problem others have mentioned. Lost connection and update fail in the assistant app.
wo
Same here the RC loaded ok it wouldn't load from the Anadroid afterwards and Assistance 2 won't load up. I get a camera view latest software but single lost and no control over the camera.
And I got two Phantom 3 and an Inspire 1 to update still. Am I the only one getting tired of these updates not working.

Just went through the whole process and after a quick recalibration of everything took it out for a spin... everything checks good.
Cable from the USB on the controller to the p4 is required

wo
Same here the RC loaded ok it wouldn't load from the Anadroid afterwards and Assistance 2 won't load up. I get a camera view latest software but single lost and no control over the camera.
And I got two Phantom 3 and an Inspire 1 to update still. Am I the only one getting tired of these updates not working.
Finally after leaving it hooked up the signal lost changed to air craft needs updating and I was able to go to the home screen on the DJI app and down load to the aircraft Just hope I don't ever need Assistant 2 again. Now on to the P3s and inspire1

can the p3p firmware be up graded the same way the p4 is done?
through a usb cable going from computer to a/c ?

I just went through this...

I would click on the upgrade button and the firmware would download. After the download was complete, the 'fun' began.

I got the "Upgrade Failed" message right away. I kept clicking 'Retry' and eventually it did start the upgrade. But.. every time it got to 6% it would fail. I messed around with this for about 1/2 an hour.

I turned everything off and put the transmitter and drone on the charger. Then about 30 minutes later, I went back and tried again. This time it took. I watched the upgrade progress bar with my breath held.

At the 90% level, I started hearing my computer making USB disconnect and reconnect sounds... Great, I though. More problems... But this was normal. After that the drone rebooted and the upgrade continued from 90% to 100%.

OMG you are lucky if you do everything right and it works the first time. A person would have to be crazy to try to do anything else.
There goes half a day try to get things back in order.

I just did it and I get the following after RC gets updated. "Aircraft requires update. Download update from DJI GO homepage" What are they referring to?

In the DJI Go App just click on the "Home/House" icon in the top left of the screen and the update message will be there. It is referring to the home page of the App.

I dont use the dji assist program...pos. I updated today thru the ipad and flew 2 batteries...no problem....my horizon actually looked straighter.

Now I'm stuck. The RC updated just fine through my iPad. After reboot it says the P4's firmware is up to date. On top of that it says RC is not connected. Now what?

I'm ready to return this thing. Last two upgrades were ********.

Now I'm stuck. The RC updated just fine through my iPad. After reboot it says the P4's firmware is up to date. On top of that it says RC is not connected. Now what?

I'm ready to return this thing. Last two upgrades were ********.

Got to do the P4 first like every other Phantom. Downgrade the firmware in the RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj