Firmware and calibration

Reaction score
I just got the phantom vision 2+ few weeks ago and I have had a few flights! no major issues till last night. While starting preflight, etc, I get this message on screen that says transmitter needs calibration...is this the phantom?, the rc? What
Do I calibrate ?
I searched all over this morning and cannot find a place that shows exactly how to update and calibrate the system...some vids on youtube seem to either skip procedure parts, or contradict other vids. Is there one place that will show me how to do what needs to be done to a new phantom when it arrives? Thanks in advance....mm

Hello,
The transmitter, is you ( Controller ) or Tx.
( the unit on your hand while flying )

I have a P2V, but they are similar with the P2V+

To calibrate anything ( except compass ) is done
On your PC ( laptop / computer )
You must first visit:
dji.com
on your PC.

You'll want to download these items:

RC assistant ( this is for TX )
P2V+ PC ASSISTANT ( for phantom )
DRIVER ( allows PC to communicate with phantom )
MANUAL ( P2V+ ) if you have not yet

Open PC ASSISTANT software on PC.
Turn on
Tx then, wifi extender, then P2V+!
Plug mini USB cable from phantom to PC
( same cable you charge wifi extender with )
Once in assistant
Make sure BOTH bottom lights ( red/blue ) are on and/or blinking
( located at bottom left PC screen )
Let's us know we are communicating with PC.

Ok, look for:
2nd page is BASIC ( here is where we can CALIBRATE CONTROLLER.
Under this page there are 2 Sub-tabs
A) RC ( calibrate controller )
Command sticks calibration
( a, e, t, r ) ( a= aileron, e= elevator, t= throttle, and r= rudder )
press start to start calibration, turn sticks to their farthest most points, then round and round every direction, then return to center, click finish! ( double check by moving sticks and letting go, green bars should be in center, if not recalibrate!
( I always power cycle phantom ( while still hooked to assistant )and when on again, double check sticks, all should return to center )

Hope this helps
Take care, fly safe!

Page 44 - 46 of the manual mate

Malcolm morehead said:
I just got the phantom vision 2+ few weeks ago and I have had a few flights! no major issues till last night. While starting preflight, etc, I get this message on screen that says transmitter needs calibration...is this the phantom?, the rc? What
Do I calibrate ?
I searched all over this morning and cannot find a place that shows exactly how to update and calibrate the system...some vids on youtube seem to either skip procedure parts, or contradict other vids. Is there one place that will show me how to do what needs to be done to a new phantom when it arrives? Thanks in advance....mm

Please follow J Dot instructions and then go watch this video. This guy is awesome and knows his stuff. This is a very detailed step by step tutorial on how to calibrate and all settings. Seriously this is a must watch for all new PV2+ owners and new RC folks. This is the best video available, he does a wonderful job.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695FLzWT_ko[/youtube]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20