Firmware 3.12 warning. Do not update!

marcusdji said:
max said:
Forester said:
I always keep earlier assist versions. Opened last one and started over.
I didn't think that was possible..... Are you sure your firmware was actually downgraded? Which version is listed in the assistant as being installed on your quad?

Just install the assistant v3.6 and check the updates, you will see it shows the 3.08 firmware. From there you can downgrade.

FYI it's still on their servers, just change the 3.8 to 3.6 in the download link

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... r_v3.6.exe

Updated mine and the controller. Controller update failed and I thought it was bricked. But it eventually took and all is well. Just a short hover as it's pretty windy right now. Made sure satellite lock was good and tested IOC.

Brand new unit arrived Thursday. Upgraded to 3.12 immediately. No issues. Two 20 minute flights in high wind conditions without serious incident. Max vertical around 350 ft. Max distance from controller around 150 yards. Some Yaw drift on descent. Can't really determine if it is firmware or weather related. Ambient temps in the mid 30s Farenheit. Fingers crossed.

Did 2 flights today with Vision + V2 and 3.12 software. One was out to 1800ft in GPS mode - the other was a G/S flight out to the max 1600ft. No issues at all. Did do a compass calibration after the upgrade.

Oh well - decided to update to v3.12 - no issues so far mainly because it started raining....

DJI should supply Phantom rain jackets for users in the UK..

K... so on the plus side if you update your drone will no longer fly in Washington. On the minus side it might do a RTC (Return To China). Should I update? Mmm... let me think about tha.. NO FREEKIN WAY!

Mopar Bob said:
Suggestion: Someone earlier mentioned that the ambient temperature may play a factor in those that have and those that do not have a problem. It seems that those that are claiming success with this upgrade are all flying in cooler temperatures. If all those that are having issues report their ambient temperatures, maybe someone can make sense of this as being or not being a problem.

I live in the southern Arizona desert, where it has been 70-80F. I upgraded my v3.0 to 3.12 and have had at least a dozen perfect flights since. Don't see where the temp has created any problems for me.

Just got back from the park and 3 batteries worth of flight. Compass calibration, IOC, and Failsafe all good. Mostly had 14 satellites once airborne.

Jeff48920 said:
Brand new unit arrived Thursday. Upgraded to 3.12 immediately. No issues. Two 20 minute flights in high wind conditions without serious incident. Max vertical around 350 ft. Max distance from controller around 150 yards. Some Yaw drift on descent. Can't really determine if it is firmware or weather related. Ambient temps in the mid 30s Farenheit. Fingers crossed.

You calibrated your new unit right ? IMU, Compass, RC ...

I am highly concerned with all of this IMU recalibration. Even DJI reps are saying calibrate the IMU again after a firmware update.

I do not understand the need for this. You can tell if the IMU has gone "out" of range very simply by going to the appropriate screen in the DJI assistant software and looking at the MOD values. My gyro is reading a MOD of 0.2, my accelerometer is reading a MOD of 1.0. Why would I mess around with this when the stats are showing all is fine?

Sure enough I have never touched the IMU calibration since getting my unit and after this firmware update, and everything is absolutely spot-on with stable flying.

I think you run more risk recalibrating the IMU, unless you really need to because the MOD values are out of range.

Mori55 said:
It's like one person has a problem , and it spreads like wild fire. I really think instead of reupdateing. And taking a little time to figure it out , we get panic post !

You are exactly correct...

I've been updating different dji nazas since they came out. Sometimes you have problems and have to redo it. At times it can go really smooth. I'm not saying it's anyone's fault , but how many times did see a post about the tilt wheel not working ? When you only need a calibration. But I guess it's easier to post that the update or whatever doesn't work.
I've had my problems with updates but I also did a search or just a little research instead of a panic post.

+1. Regarding panic posts. I also had the problem with the tilt wheel AND the in app gimbal controls. Re-installing the firmware and calibration solved those issues. Also, I would like to thank all those "early adopters" who post their success flights, it does make me breathe easier. Finally, but off post, the worriers who claim the motor wiring cannot withstand 5-7 wiggles before the wire to the control board fails----please stop stressing the wires.

Forgot to update flights. Two 20 minute flights in 30 degree Fahrenheit no issues.

jonstatt said:
I am highly concerned with all of this IMU recalibration. Even DJI reps are saying calibrate the IMU again after a firmware update.

I do not understand the need for this. You can tell if the IMU has gone "out" of range very simply by going to the appropriate screen in the DJI assistant software and looking at the MOD values. My gyro is reading a MOD of 0.2, my accelerometer is reading a MOD of 1.0. Why would I mess around with this when the stats are showing all is fine?

Sure enough I have never touched the IMU calibration since getting my unit and after this firmware update, and everything is absolutely spot-on with stable flying.

I think you run more risk recalibrating the IMU, unless you really need to because the MOD values are out of range.

I agree. If the numbers are like yours why mess with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik