FIRMWARE 3.10.

Reaction score
So basically I'm getting my phantom next week, since it was shipped on January 22 it will have firmware 3.8. Now since there have been several reports with problems with 3.10 I will hold off to update.

Now if I'm correct firmware 3.10 is just for the MC right? If there are firmwares for the battery, gimbal, etc which came out the same date as the 3.10 (for example if battery ships with 1.0.0.0 and there is option to update to 1.0.0.1 which came out the same date as 3.10) should I update or hold off for them too? Or should I update those except for the MC firmware?

TIA

Re: FIRMWARE 3.10.

I always update. You never see a update without someone having a problem.

It is reported that the 3.10 update is mandatory. Meaning when you have your P2 plugged in and PT2 open, it will install automatically. To avoid this, disconnect from the internet. But this also means you can't update the battery or gimbal unless you accept the mandatory 3.10 update.

I would avoid it for now.

dptcalvin said:
It is reported that the 3.10 update is mandatory. Meaning when you have your P2 plugged in and PT2 open, it will install automatically. To avoid this, disconnect from the internet. But this also means you can't update the battery or gimbal unless you accept the mandatory 3.10 update.

I would avoid it for now.

Have no idea where you came up with that information that 3.10 was mandatory because it wasn't. Last night while discharging batteries using P2 assistant software an update window appeared and you had a choice to either upload or exit and this morning that update is no longer available. Spreading rumors that one cannot substantiate is not good for the hobby

I said it was reported to be mandatory. That's different from saying that it is mandatory.

dptcalvin said:
I said it was reported to be mandatory. That's different from saying that it is mandatory.

Well right now it isn't available for download. :lol:

jason said:
dptcalvin said:

Well right now it isn't available for download. :lol:

Ah yes, but is it mandatory that it is mandatory ? :eek:

its not mandatory, the system will tell you there is an update, and if you dont want it just close out the box and fly as normal.

That said ive got a P2V and it updated and flies fine

crash1sttime said:
its not mandatory, the system will tell you there is an update, and if you dont want it just close out the box and fly as normal.

That said ive got a P2V and it updated and flies fine

Did you actually track down a loose wire to explain the issue you had ?

Possibly, I took the shell off and the GPS cable was not seated fully, i think over time it had worked loose and was intermittently not touching, im looking at hot glueing it or similar to prevent a reoccurence

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31