Firmware 3.10 and failsafe

Reaction score
Hi,

I have heard rumors that if you assign fail-safe to the TX mode switch, and activate it this way, you will not be able to regain control. Did actually any one try this and was he able to cancel fail-safe ?

Thanks in advance

I tried it last night after upgrading. I got back control after it landed, just switch to attitude mode.

I did not try it during it's flight back in RTH. But according to the readme in naza assist software, it says to regain control switch to attitude or manual mode.

LJ35 said:
It works for me. I regained control by switching to attitude mode then GPS.

So you regained control during flight and could continue flying normally ?

Yes. The first time I tried it, it was still flying back to home position and regained control. The second time I tried it, it came home, hovered, then began its auto landing. I regained control at about 15 feet from the ground.

I tried it tonight. It did a lovely job of bringing it home and landing. As is was descending, I tried switching back to GBS and it wouldn't until after it landed. Next time I'll try switching to ATTI first.
Funny thing was the LED switched back to green as soon as I put it in GPS.

You have to go back into attitude mode first to initial the regain of control.

yappy said:
You have to go back into attitude mode first to initial the regain of control.

I tried it yesterday and was rewarded with an immediate cardiac stress test. The moment the S1 switch hit bottom, the Phantom rocketed skyward. With flyaway screaming at me in my mind, I reflexively chopped the throttle and toggled the S1 switch upward into ATTI, which resulted just as quickly in a plummeting quad. Of course, I had regained control with no throttle on. I was able to jam the throttle back forward just in time to avoid a highly problematic landing.

I assume the Phantom was just obeying orders and climbing to initiate it's return home. If so, it did it quickly and with vigor.

Thats strange.

When i hit my switch to RTH, it takes maybe 2 seconds before it starts the return trip home. It does not do it immediately after hitting the switch.

It has a delay before flying back home.

I'm not sure what happened to you there.

yappy said:
Thats strange.

When i hit my switch to RTH, it takes maybe 2 seconds before it starts the return trip home. It does not do it immediately after hitting the switch.

It has a delay before flying back home.

I'm not sure what happened to you there.

Maybe I was just jumpy about the Flyaway reports so that the sudden climb caught me by surprise and seemed more immediate than it actually was. Admittedly, recollection of events can be less than perfect sometimes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31