Firmware 3.0 & Assistant Software 3.0 ??

I think the kicker will be when they figure out the compass problems, then they'll add that fix to the firmware and we'll really want to upgrade- but we have to take everything or nothing (good & bad). I fly rural so it doesn't matter to me but I'm also happy with 2.0 so I'm staying there until a worthwhile upgrade comes along, I saw nothing about improvements to gimbal or flying characteristics in 3.0

If it ain't broke....

UPDATE: Fixed. Look like was an RC assistant problem.

The problem for my is not fly restriction. After I updated to 2.0 my P2 refuse to start motors.

I try to calibrate RC and all work well except after I finish the calibration.

When I try to move the sticks to any direction all sliders go to +1000 values. Normally if i move stick to left the slider must move to left too and to -1000. But to me go to +1000.

Wind_Shear said:
The circle around the airport near me covers almost every place i fly on a regular basis, from my house to the beach and a variety of places in between.

So every location you have been flying is within 1.5 miles of a significant airport? With a nickname like that, I would assume don't just fly Phantoms.

Frankly 3.0 is just DJI covering themselves legally. If you fly within the vicinity of an airport you deserve locking up. I'll stick on 1.8 and use common sense. If I ever move up to the 3D gimbal then I will move up to 2.0 that I have saved.

UKKey said:
Frankly 3.0 is just DJI covering themselves legally. If you fly within the vicinity of an airport you deserve locking up. I'll stick on 1.8 and use common sense. If I ever move up to the 3D gimbal then I will move up to 2.0 that I have saved.

Will not work. Asistant just check your Phantom version drivers but download from DJI server the drivers. So if have assistant 2.0 will download 3.0 and not 2.0 drivers.

ginsonic said:
UKKey said:

Will not work. Asistant just check your Phantom version drivers but download from DJI server the drivers. So if have assistant 2.0 will download 3.0 and not 2.0 drivers.

#pulls out network cable

If that theory was correct then I wouldn't have been able to roll back from 2.0 to 1.8

As long as you have both 1.8 and 2.0 stored on hard drive you are set.

Above is on Mac. No idea on PC.

I might have missed something, but can't you just switch to ATTI or MANUAL and fly around airport??

BigBadFun said:
I might have missed something, but can't you just switch to ATTI or MANUAL and fly around airport??

All modes affected. As long as you have a GPS fix, your impacted.

It requires a GPS signal to know where you are but I thought I saw where there was a default height if no GPS is detected. 395' as I recall.

ginsonic said:
UKKey said:

How did you save V2.0 firmware?

LuvMyTJ said:
It requires a GPS signal to know where you are but I thought I saw where there was a default height if no GPS is detected. 395' as I recall.

You are right. With no GPS lock it defaults to an altitude cap of 394'.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

macheung said:

If you saved the installer locally to your machine and then installed it, you can keep that version of the Assistant software as long as you like. It seems that, like 1.8, 2.0 will only update to that version's firmware. Highest my Assistant software will go is 1.0.1.19, which is perfectly fine with me!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
macheung said:

If you saved the installer locally to your machine and then installed it, you can keep that version of the Assistant software as long as you like. It seems that, like 1.8, 2.0 will only update to that version's firmware. Highest my Assistant software will go is 1.0.1.19, which is perfectly fine with me!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Assistant 2.0 downloads FW 3.0 for me. If you don't connect to the network, it says it can't upgrade anything.

I am using the H3-3D on FW 2.0 now but keep in mind, the tilt of the gimbal is pretty limited without FW 3.0.

Anticipate said:
Assistant 2.0 downloads FW 3.0 for me. If you don't connect to the network, it says it can't upgrade anything.

I am using the H3-3D on FW 2.0 now but keep in mind, the tilt of the gimbal is pretty limited without FW 3.0.

That's a bummer. My information was wrong, then. Thanks for clarifying!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Re: Firmware 3.0 & Assistant Software 3.0 ??

Someone mentioned that if you unplug your GPS then your flight altitude will be limited to a certain height (think it was 390ft or so). That being said, how exactly will it know how high it is with no GPS????

Anticipate said:

Presume this means limited to just 90º forward / down with nothing in-between. Any idea if the 'manual speed control' gimbal setting in Assistant 3.0 finally affects the physical X1 control?

New Gimbal Functions?

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attac ... .25.54.jpg

Someone posted a pic of a "gimbal" config page likely for the V3 firmware on RCGroups. I am especially intrigued by the FPV mode. What does it exactly do? Does it locks the gimbal in a fixed position so it can tilt and roll with the craft?

Have anyone tried this out?

If this work, I might bite the bullet and upgrade to V3.0, at least before they put out V3.1 out with a whole new bunch of other restrictions.

Re: New Gimbal Functions?

macheung said:
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/4/6/6/4/4/8/a6661457-1-Screen%20Shot%202014-04-07%20at%2018.25.54.jpg

Someone posted a pic of a "gimbal" config page likely for the V3 firmware on RCGroups. I am especially intrigued by the FPV mode. What does it exactly do? Does it locks the gimbal in a fixed position so it can tilt and roll with the craft?

It'd be nice if there was some documentation to go with this. I love the idea of changing the gain on the tilt but who knows if it works on the H3-2D.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic