Firmware 3.0 & Assistant Software 3.0 ??

At 2:00 in that video it mentions the "new" restrictions. If you live in a 5 mile radius of an airport you will not be able to take off. Also, you can not fly into said area. That is BS! I can understand it warning you but not restricting you. What if you wanted to inspect your roof at 30' but you live 4.5 miles away from an airport? Your screwed! The line is literally right down the street for me.

Re: Firmware 3.0 & Assistant Software 3.0 ??

LuvMyTJ said:
At 2:00 in that video it mentions the "new" restrictions. If you live in a 5 mile radius of an airport you will not be able to take off. Also, you can not fly into said area.

In other words if ur house is in that radius, u need to bring d bird out the radius. Uuuggghhhh

Sent via Tapatalk

So when is it actually out? I've done the same!

iPad using Tapatalk

I blindly (and stupidly) did the 3.0 upgrade and was stuck with the mismatch. Going back to 1.08 fixed the problem. Thanks to jiannelli for the link!

I took it out for an extensive test flight and everything works as advertised after switching back to 1.08.

Can u show me the link?:)

iPad using Tapatalk

Ah. Sorry I can see the link:)

iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry for the questions here, but what is the exact procedure too go back to 1.08?

iPad using Tapatalk

Also is there a mac version to the link? I suspect there is not a version as usually us mac chaps are not supported? Matters not as i have parrarels.

MrC said:
This is from 10 months ago...

You sir are correct. They were clearly referring to something called the "Phantom Firmware 3.0 Link". The mystery deepens...

It is all a little puzzling. No mention of v3.0 of the assistant software or firmware 3.0 from DJI at all.
Any forums with a DJI guy on there? Twitter? Facebook? Speak to us DJI!

Its annoying as I was about to mount my zenmuse but not with this going on!

MrC said:
It is all a little puzzling. No mention of v3.0 of the assistant software or firmware 3.0 from DJI at all.
Any forums with a DJI guy on there? Twitter? Facebook? Speak to us DJI!

Its annoying as I was about to mount my zenmuse but not with this going on!

I'm so confused! And i apologise for my ignorance here. I just want to fly my Phantom 2. I did the 3.0 upgrade thing and unsure about flying the dam thing! I just want to go back to where i started with for an easy and comfortable life with my slippers on.

Probably best to just wait a little while. I expect the v3.0 assistant software will appear soon. I just hope they haven't added any more airport exclusions. I live and fly near a smallish airport that didn't have the 5 mile radius exclusion. Also the exclusions where stated as being for only when flying waypoints with ground station, you could still fly manually. Hope they haven't now made it manual flying also.

Just have to wait and see. Early morning in HK, hopefully DJI guys will address this later today.
p.s. some have downgraded to version 1.8 and works ok. Not with v2.0 though, the software keeps asking you to upgrade to v3.0.

MrC said:
Any forums with a DJI guy on there? Twitter? Facebook?
Terry.one on this forum works for DJI

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Jaybee said:
Seriously, this company is all over the place. Putting aside for a moment; bad support, terrible documentation, glitchy software, and confusing firmware updates...

I've just watched a random video showing off a Phantom Vision Plus, which also appears in this new firmware's notes. Yet there is nothing on the website showing this model. Weird way to notify the public of a new product line. A small aside, Lightbridge is nowhere to be found on the DJI site which is puzzling.

The annoying thing is, when I fork out for a new H3-3D (which DJI is currently only selling to new Phantom purchasers, nice way to show support for your existing customer base) I will have to upgrade to this firmware and judging by the issues some were having with 2.0 this worries me.

Sort your ish out for ***** sake :roll:

If you do to dji.com, click on Phantom 2, (not V) and scroll down, there's a pic of Lightbridge on a Phantom and some blurb.

DigitalHustler305 said:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/Phantom_2_Installer_v3.0.dmg

Boom

Where did you find that? I just looked at DJI site and it still lists the v2.0 software and firmware for p2 and p2v.

*edit* Ok just looked again and its now got the v3.0 on there!!! What the hell lol. Think I will wait for a day at least to see how others get on with it. New user manual too.

Its there! The mac version at least! Thats a first! And Windows now....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20