Firmware 1.6.80 install issues? post yours.

Hi,

I formatted my 32 GB Sandisk Micro SD card, and followed all of the instructions for downloading 1.5.7 firmware, and I tried to download it multiple times, but it kept saying "update failed". Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
If you have a P3S, the proper way is using the DJI-GO app to install firmware upgrades. Not putting the firmware.bin file on sd card.
I see this is your first post.
Your are not forced to do firmware updates even though it appears that it is required.
I recommend don't do it yet, look for firmware related to P3S.

If you do have a Standard, search for keywords firmware and member rodpad.
Try this link, not sure if it will work.
Search Results for Query: firmware | DJI Phantom Drone Forum[user][0]=26059
Got's to go to bed..
Rod

Reactions: 66Fury
Hi,

I formatted my 32 GB Sandisk Micro SD card, and followed all of the instructions for downloading 1.5.7 firmware, and I tried to download it multiple times, but it kept saying "update failed". Any advice?

make sure to unzip the file and also make sure there is only one *.bin file in the micro SD card.

Sorry, I'm a newbie. How do I unzip the file?

to unzip a file or folder on a Mac, double-click it.

to open a zipped file on a PC, right-click the zipped file and select Extract All.
(by default, files are extracted to the location as the original zipped file)

*if you are using Windows, you need software such as WinZip

Should I unzip it once I download it or after I have moved it to my SD card? (I have Windows btw)

Should I unzip it once I download it or after I have moved it to my SD card? (I have Windows btw)

unzip it in your PC and copy the *.bin file (in this case P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin) to your SD card (outer folder).

*make sure there's the only one *.bin file in your SD card.

good luck brother, cheers! ;)

Last edited:
I did just that, and when I put the SD card in, it didn't do anything! Nothing shows up on the app! Ugh

I did just that, and when I put the SD card in, it didn't do anything! Nothing shows up on the app! Ugh

Two questions. Do you have a standard and are trying to downgrade your firmware ver. to 1.5.7 ?

I have a P3S and I'm trying to downgrade my fw to 1.5.7

Being the P3S is intended for wifi firmware updating, downgrading or upgrading the firmware via the SD card is not the normal way it would be done. I've never done it via the SD card myself but have read a few threads about it. Here are the steps as I remember. 1: download to your PC the file that you want (1.5.7 firmware) in this case. 2: unzip the file (if needed) making a bin file of the firmware. 3: copy this bin file to the root of the SD card (making sure there are no others). 4: Turn on all your equipment before inserting the SD card, including the drone. 5: insert the SD card. 6: It should start updating on it's own at this point and the small light on the gamble should be blinking red and green durning the process, and end with solid green when done.

Last edited:
I will try it again. Thanks for the thorough explanation.

Here's the steps I copied and pasted for someone's post:

The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!

Please re-read my post #31. I made an error that's important. The drone should be on when inserting the SD card.
Yes, that is a important, maybe that's why I couldn't make it fly (I meant work).

I see that, it would be common knowledge if you know anything about computers. If a file is compacted (a zip file), than you must unzip (uncompact) it before use. And if not, it would already have a bin file extension and couldn't be unziped. Just depends on what file you downloaded in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: unklodie
I will try it again. Thanks for the thorough explanation.

Please let us know if it worked, the firmware downgrade. Just in case I'm in the same boat oneday.

Unfortunately, no, it didn't work. I followed all of the steps (and unzipped with PowerIso) and plugged in my SD card. Nothing happened. Not sure what to do...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers