FIRE SEASON

Reaction score
Got tasked out to do a Public Service Announcement for our fire department in reference to our Wildland fire season. Take a look. Feedback is always welcome!! Thanks!!

Reactions: tevek
Got tasked out to do a Public Service Announcement for our fire department in reference to our Wildland fire season. Take a look. Feedback is always welcome!! Thanks!!

Nice work and giving drones a good rap for once. I was involved in a proscribed burn during our summer over here and spoke with one of the Rangers coordinating the burn about exactly what you have done and he mentioned that they were trialling UAVs to monitor sections of the the local area given the high cost of using spotter planes and the ease with which they could get up in the air, fly and record the areas they were interested in. Anything that mitigates a fire risk is right at the top of our communities priorities.

Reactions: Javiejav
Great job! Awesome to see such positive involvement in the community.

Nice work :) My only criticism is I would like to see a mix of drone and ground photography but that's purely my own take on video.

Nice work and giving drones a good rap for once. I was involved in a proscribed burn during our summer over here and spoke with one of the Rangers coordinating the burn about exactly what you have done and he mentioned that they were trialling UAVs to monitor sections of the the local area given the high cost of using spotter planes and the ease with which they could get up in the air, fly and record the areas they were interested in. Anything that mitigates a fire risk is right at the top of our communities priorities.

Yup. I'm in the fire dept and they are starting to push the issue of keeping drones on our command vehicles. They are looking into guys that are pilots and are beginning to utilize us. Spent all day creating a Facebook page and group for the commanders so that when something pops off, I can launch, stream via Facebook live, and the commanders can watch or chime in on the aerial aspect of it all from their separate vehicles. It's going places!

Wildfires in California are going to be a huge risk this year, with all the rain we got. The grass where I fly is 4' tall, unprecedented height. Although it's beautiful now, this Summer it will be a tender-box.

Wildfires in California are going to be a huge risk this year, with all the rain we got. The grass where I fly is 4' tall, unprecedented height. Although it's beautiful now, this Summer it will be a tender-box.

Ah man that's gonna suck. They were bad last year!!

Yup. I'm in the fire dept and they are starting to push the issue of keeping drones on our command vehicles. They are looking into guys that are pilots and are beginning to utilize us. Spent all day creating a Facebook page and group for the commanders so that when something pops off, I can launch, stream via Facebook live, and the commanders can watch or chime in on the aerial aspect of it all from their separate vehicles. It's going places!
I'm only a volunteer with the local brigade and the stretch to include drones as part of the preventative suite of measures is slowly getting acceptance. I spoke to our brigade captain this afternoon and mentioned your efforts and whilst he had no idea of what the technology has on offer, he thought it inevitable that we can do a lot lot better. We lost 100,000 hectares last year in the town down the road and then lost an entire town and a few lives in an area two hours north of us. I tip my hat to the professionals in this business including yourself.

Reactions: Brockrock

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1