Finished my P3S Remote Mods (DBS Antenna and Tablet Mount)..

Reaction score
So I started this thread which convinced me to get the DBS range extender antenna. Before that I browsed a bunch of threads about 7" Samsung tablet mounts, so these were the two Mods I settled on.

In case anyone is interested in duplicating my efforts, I'll include my parts lists here along with some pictures at the end..

Tablet Mount:
Ipow Universal iPad Tripod Mount Adapter
Curved Adhesive Mounts for GoPro
Oumers Vertical Surface J-Hook
Action Mount Universal Screw Adapter for GoPro Mounts
Screw, nuts and wingnut Macgyvered from Home Depot Hardware

Antenna Extender:
ITELITE ITE-DBS01.4 EXTENDER ANTENNA SYSTEM FOR THE:DJI PHANTOM 3 STANDARD

I tested it around my house so far and it works great. I'm still waiting for weather and schedule to cooperate to try a long distance test. I have a little Island about 1.5 miles away from a nearby beach. Reaching that Island will be my test. I will come back here with the results..

Here are some pictures. If you have any questions, ask away..
a_zpsia1aooto.jpg

b_zpskvqzguil.jpg

2_zpsbw8rylbq.jpg

3_zpsrayrzmnv.jpg

1_zpsrqdc8wqt.jpg

4_zps3hld7yse.jpg

How sturdy is the gopro mount with u have your device on it

Bend that bracket mount so that your panel sits at a better angle. They way you have it now.... you are going to have to hold the controller in a really weird and uncomfortable way to get the panel pointed at the bird.

This is how mine looked:

(and mostly every other one I've seen)

28ATmNbrNPro9xwhyrzYZ_VjfpQq19QVt6hJlXAClfRdyd-96W8d_YpSw2zxa44Y3jypnu9JF7DI5pUc2nl3shFrpYjt8o-ecpQQQSA-0olLXisuFBo9L9E1WkBwxlDfzuwx7iBvXdaHDZlLE-tWbghps4y67MPHQuAs89MfWylcImsZ5JkKanEKcdpB2sxjSMPXKtvcRwsW5l5HkHJBpzPQD7yE2Po5lij-DM7T3bGgYpvf8hDWbzIdvFKU4qynRBLdxQitDJ6J6l-fJ8wRE27k1oA1lGdKaweBdpteJLwj-fyaSMtgUBSlvA32hm1JGdJWCEF53hF0fNFMNhF-rkbcxonurA-9zVWcsFcUPSyXDzgDaIckCtUYkBBRBHbGrGHwCt9ikrIUJZyNt_VSsdn19VmF3tKApuGxvXnsthHWsMJnPCVWoE-gPOy8P9Njxq_NSSfq50sWoaUjzcfvVsT9zEwQWHLfM0beJQXnE1sbFDAPqM9WCqh4sQymb3dTaTfTmWztZk9LxYhRXqKoGX1xgFf-Dttx4tqEfAzWbDo7lpkXKe8q3Wffoy3eZvkbvBeoj89nK330tgUyHWeCSABUMq-tcezrRJSlF6RtDt53hMmVvTjK=w1657-h932-no

So I started this thread which convinced me to get the DBS range extender antenna. Before that I browsed a bunch of threads about 7" Samsung tablet mounts, so these were the two Mods I settled on.

In case anyone is interested in duplicating my efforts, I'll include my parts lists here along with some pictures at the end..

Tablet Mount:

Antenna Extender:

I tested it around my house so far and it works great. I'm still waiting for weather and schedule to cooperate to try a long distance test. I have a little Island about 1.5 miles away from a nearby beach. Reaching that Island will be my test. I will come back here with the results..

a_zpsia1aooto.jpg

b_zpskvqzguil.jpg

2_zpsbw8rylbq.jpg

3_zpsrayrzmnv.jpg

1_zpsrqdc8wqt.jpg

4_zps3hld7yse.jpg
Nice,,,:)

How sturdy is the gopro mount with u have your device on it
It's very sturdy. Before I put the Antenna Extender on it did seem quite top heavy though. With the DBS it's much more balanced and comfortable to hold. You can shake the remote more than you ever would during normal use and it stays put without feeling like it will off or shift.

The only thing I might change is to put a rubber washer in between the tripod mount and tablet bracket. When it's plastic on plastic it does tend to loosen by itself after a while unless you really tighten the hell out of it.

Bend that bracket mount so that your panel sits at a better angle. They way you have it now.... you are going to have to hold the controller in a really weird and uncomfortable way to get the panel pointed at the bird.

This is how mine looked:

(and mostly every other one I've seen)
I couldn't see the picture. :(
Which way and where do you bend it?

I'm using a GoPro mount also for my iPad Mini 2. Helps if you take some emery paper or a scotch brite pad and rough up the 2 parts of the mount where they come together to help keep it from moving. Why they make them so smooth is beyond me.

Can you see it now?
Yes, Thanks! That is way different.

Also, now that I see yours, Yours seems to fit on the chrome bar much better than mine. Mine is a little too wide and doesn't snap all the way into place. Is this a defect? Should I look to get a replacement. I bought it from Amazon.com

Take a look:
2.jpg
1.jpg

Something definitely isn't right there. I would email itelite and show them your pics. Ask for a new bracket.
That's what I thought. I sent a message today to the amazon.com seller. If I don't get an answer in a day or so I will email itelite.

That's what I thought. I sent a message today to the amazon.com seller. If I don't get an answer in a day or so I will email itelite.

looks to me like it just has to be pushed further down the handle/bar. its like its pushed on where the handle bends?? that would change the angle of it also. thats what i can see anyway

Tablet Mount:

Antenna Extender:

a_zpsia1aooto.jpg

b_zpskvqzguil.jpg

2_zpsbw8rylbq.jpg

3_zpsrayrzmnv.jpg

1_zpsrqdc8wqt.jpg

4_zps3hld7yse.jpg
That is really cool. I need to extend my range too. I got a nice tablet holder for 10 dollars it is nice too. It feels cheap, but works good.
Here is the video

looks to me like it just has to be pushed further down the handle/bar. its like its pushed on where the handle bends?? that would change the angle of it also. thats what i can see anyway
It's hard to see from that original picture, but there is no place on that chrome bar that it fits without getting into the bend of it preventing it from snapping all the way on. I took another picture. Maybe this is more clear.
3.jpg

Feel free to show them my picture, If you want.
By any chance, can I ask you to measure the width of your bracket in the same way that I did? Mine is between 7/8" to 1" wide. Your looks significantly thinner.
Thanks in advance..

It's hard to see from that original picture, but there is no place on that chrome bar that it fits without getting into the bend of it preventing it from snapping all the way on. I took another picture. Maybe this is more clear.
View attachment 82564
Agreed. my bracket is much smaller
1495295205599.jpg

So i suppose youll have to look for a replacement bracket or if you can cut it yourself.
I would cut myself, i wouldnt have the patients to wait for a replacement

Last edited:
So i suppose you'll have to look for a replacement bracket or if you can cut it yourself.
I would cut myself, i wouldn't have the patients to wait for a replacement
Well, since the seller hasn't answered me yet, I think I will probably fix it myself.
30 seconds on a bench grinder should do the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Well, since the seller hasn't answered me yet, I think I will probably fix it myself.
30 seconds on a bench grinder should do the trick.

Thanks for your help.
No problem glad i could help someone atlast [emoji5]. you'd wonder why its so large though. Anyway if you cut it it should point at the propper angle coz as is,its just way too high

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl