Finger nail polish /RC paint

Reaction score
Will putting a small coat of nail polish or paint on the propeller tips cause to much of a balance issue?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Will putting a small coat of nail polish or paint on the propeller tips cause to much of a balance issue?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
IMG_1723.JPG

I actually use quick drying fingernail polish to balance all of my props... it takes longer because you have to wait for the coat to dry before you know the absolute added weight, but it's far more accurate than tape in my opinion and I never liked sanding here in the studio... using it for cosmetic purposes is entirely different... you'll have to get back into balancing with heavier coats after all has been finished off. Remember, until it dries, you won't know the ultimate balance effect...

Fingernail polish (clear) is what I use to balance my props. Much faster to add weight than try to sand it off IMO.
I thought he was referring to putting stripes on the tips . That's what I use the Sharpies for . I use tape or fingernail polish to balance with .
Done got lazy and about only use the tape now though .

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
I always used sand paper and hot glue if the the hubs are out of balance.

Hot Glue sounds interesting.. but too soft for me and can't imagine laying it on thin... what is the melting point of the plastic white blades?

I wouldn't add any weight except for balancing purposes. Prop rotation amplifies any weight greatly. The further towards the edges, the more impact the weight has on the rotation and balance of the prop.

I thought he was referring to putting stripes on the tips . That's what I use the Sharpies for . I use tape or fingernail polish to balance with .
Done got lazy and about only use the tape now though .
Yup, he was asking about striping his tips and if the polish would affect balance. I should have been a bit more clear and said: Yes, it will affect balance - that is what I use to balance mine with.
I did black Sharpie doodles all over a set of 200QX props on a bored rainy afternoon. Then I lost the **** quad from my own bad flying and tracking (no RTH on the little fast drones). It's about 500 feet up in the neighbor's Red Cedar (about 75 feet up probably, but looks like the tree is as tall as the Space Needle when you're standing at the base staring straight up trying to catch sight of a bit of white drone in the green).

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4