Finding videos DJI Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm getting very frustrated. I bought a Phantom 2 last week and my flying experience has been great. Unfortunately getting the videos off the device has been very difficult.

I took a 6 minute video using high quality settings. I expect the video file would be quite large. After the flight I synced the video with my Galaxy S3 (Android) smart phone. All good so far. Problem is I now can't get the video off the phone. The only options for moving the video are to upload it to various services (Google Drive, Dropbox, youtube etc) but when I try and upload it the upload fails. I don't know whether that is the DJI software or my phone.

I thought I'd bypass it and go straight to the SD card and copy the video off. Problem is that I can't see the video files anywhere on the SD card. I've searched, made sure hidden files are being shown, done a complete copy of the card contents and still nothing. I'm completely stumped. Same goes for my phone. Still photos are easy to find, yet the videos are nowhere to be found. I know the videos are there because I can still watch them, including watching them on the phone without it being connected to the camera.

Can anyone tell me where the videos are located (directory)?

Thanks,

Matt

As far as I was aware the video/photos are only ever recorded on the sd card, not on the phone.

I just take the sd card out and put it into my card reader and there they are. You do have to remember to stop recording before you turn off the Phantom or the files get corrupted.

Are you not seeing video files on the Phantom camera's micro sd card? I usually bypass the phone and connect this to my desktop pc/mac. You also might want to check out a faster card--the one that comes with the Phantom is only class 4, you can get a class 10 for not much. Also keep in mind that a 6 min. file is a pretty good size file to push around, especially going the wifi route. The nice thing about the app is that it allows you to stop and start at will, and gives you a run time as your recording. I check it most times and if I'm much over a minute or so, I'll stop and start a new file.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik