Finding the best fpv glasses/goggles

Reaction score
I have been killing some time trying to find the best glasses or goggles for the most immersive experience while flying the phantom 3. I am in search of the best in everything, FOV, image quality, battery life, etc. Money is not an option,...well I take that back;) I did run across a set of glasses that cost :eek:5000.00, but you know, something around 1000.00 or less. If you guys have any input let me know. I have owned the new nebulas with 32fov, the Dom HDs, and the moverio bt200s. Still looking for improvements from those. Here is a list I found through research.

https://www.vrvana.com/
http://store.sony.com/wearable-hdtv...-zid27-HMZT3W/cat-27-catid-3D-Personal-Viewer
http://itvgoggles.com/

Anybody on here got the sony HMZ-T3W?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been killing some time trying to find the best glasses or goggles for the most immersive experience while flying the phantom 3. I am in search of the best in everything, FOV, image quality, battery life, etc. Money is not an option,...well I take that back;) I did run across a set of glasses that cost :eek:5000.00, but you know, something around 1000.00 or less. If you guys have any input let me know. I have owned the new nebulas with 32fov, the Dom HDs, and the moverio bt200s. Still looking for improvements from those. Here is a list I found through research.

https://www.vrvana.com/
http://store.sony.com/wearable-hdtv...-zid27-HMZT3W/cat-27-catid-3D-Personal-Viewer
http://itvgoggles.com/
looks like you found a new job--- Beta tester for the best goggles.. I will be watching this thread:D:D:D:cool:

I am using both the HeadPlay HD goggles ($250.00) and the Dominator HD goggles ($550.00)

Both work well though I prefer the Dom HD's a bit more.

FS has just confirmed that the new Dominator V3's ($350.00) will fully support the Inspire 1 and P3 HDMI video outputs. I really liked my Dom V2's so I think that when these are released later this year they will become the standard for use with the P3 HDMI board.

The HeadPlays are really hampered by the lengthy delivery times and non adjustable eye relief, etc.

:harry

So will the Dominator v3 not need a HDMI board replacement?

Not sure what you mean by "HDMI replacement board".

The new Dom V3's will need the P3 HDMI board unless you are using a tablet with an HDMI output already available.

My Dom HD V1's work really well but it's generally acknowledged that their optics are good but not great. If the Dom V3 optics are as good as the current Dom V2's are then I think they will be the go to solution until a cheaper and more readily available HeadPlay goggle clone arrives on the scene. The new Dom V3's will also have the anti fog fan built in. Right now it's an option.

Anyone considering a set of goggles for their P3 should seek out local FPV flyers and take a look at different goggles in flight. FPV folks love to show and tell hardware and I was never turned down when I requested to try a fellow flyer's set of goggles. I am happy to pass around my HeadPlays when I'm out flying, in fact, I usually designate one battery for HP demos.

Goggles are a very personal experience and there are lots of opinions. You really need to try goggles in a real world situation to evaluate how they will work for you. In my particular case IPD adjustment is very important, others need diopter adjustment, others need a wide or narrow FOV.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Do you know if the V3's will power from the hdmi, or will they need there own power source.

Do you know if the V3's will power from the hdmi, or will they need there own power source.

Reports are that the Dom V3's will use the new increased capacity LiPo and will not be powered via the HDMI output.

Alright so here goes my short review of the sony HMZ-T3W. Let me first start off by saying that I am very critical in my assessment of any product, I like to weigh all the negative aspects to the positives. At first when I got these a few days ago I hooked them up to my pc by hdmi and noticed you have to have the head straps and forehead pad adjusted just right for you, meaning It will difficult just to hand them to a buddy without adjusting everything. Once you get the straps adjusted, you then have diopter adjustments to focus in your eyes. I really liked the quality of the diopters over the fatshark HDs I owned and the overall build quality just blows away all the competition out there. Sony has been around for quite some time and I must say they put alot of ingenuity into this product. I have owned the epson moverio bt-200s, the fatshark hds, and the newly released nebulas, and these are far superior in build quality and image clarity. There is no pixels visible in the image and the clarity is superior to my ipad mini. The screen is just ginormous in that you really can't tell there is any outside dark room effect. Thats one of the big complaints I have read about with the cinemizers and I had noticed with the HDs. The only downside I can see on these is you have an external battery box that is wired to the glasses/goggles just like my old bt-200s had but I have no problems with it getting in the way. Thinking of strapping the box to the metal bar on the back of the RC and just zip tie the wires so I have no wire mess dangling from the controller. These also come with an awesome case for carrying that I plan on having my wife sewing a strap to so I can attach it to my hard case backpack. If you guys have any questions, let me know. This is what is included.
  • Wearable 2D and 3D1 HDTV with dual OLED displays
  • Connect mobile devices, smartphones, tablets
  • Watch and move freely with WirelessHD™
  • The equivalent of a personal 750" movie screen
  • Virtual 7.1 surround sound
In The Box
  • Headphones
  • 3 Headphone Attachments (Small, Medium, Large)
  • 2 AC Adapters
  • 1 AC Cable
  • 1 HDMI Cable (1.5 m long)
  • Shield for External Light
  • Carrying Case
  • Start up Guide
  • Instruction Manual
IMG_0238[1].JPG IMG_0240[1].JPG IMG_0241[1].JPG IMG_0242[1].JPG IMG_0243[1].JPG IMG_0244[1].JPG IMG_0237[2].JPG IMG_0239[1].JPG

Just want to let you know that I did a short review for you just in case you missed it.:D
I just read it-- Awesome thanks-- where did you purchase? and When are you testing them on the Phantom:D:D

Got them used from B+H photo for 800 but sony still has them for 1000.00. Already flew about 4 flights with them ad they are awesome! I am fully convinced that these are best FPV solution at this time. Get them, you won't regret it.

Got them used from B+H photo for 800 but sony still has them for 1000.00. Already flew about 4 flights with them ad they are awesome! I am fully convinced that these are best FPV solution at this time. Get them, you won't regret it.
Ok-- going for the gold--

I might just need to drop the money I do a lot of traveling so this would be nice on a plane also.How are they in the sun do they have a lot of light leakage.

@bobmyers thank you for the detailed info on the Sony goggles! I assume you are using them with the P3 HDMI add-on pack? I am a new user - does that HDMI pack allow you to see the flight telemetry (alt, speed, heading, batt life, etc.)? Or would you need a second person looking at the Go app's display?

@bobmyers thank you for the detailed info on the Sony goggles! I assume you are using them with the P3 HDMI add-on pack? I am a new user - does that HDMI pack allow you to see the flight telemetry (alt, speed, heading, batt life, etc.)? Or would you need a second person looking at the Go app's display?

So here is precisely what you will get out of the HDMI and in any FPV display Bob.

I might just need to drop the money I do a lot of traveling so this would be nice on a plane also.How are they in the sun do they have a lot of light leakage.
They do really nice in the sun, very little light leakage. The rubber inserts around the goggles are removable.

Jason 777 already has them-- I am ordering. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4