Finding solution from pros? (Goggles 4 P3s)

No the go app doesn't have this option. The app is called "FPV Camera for DJI". I personally don't see any point in spending $100 on an HDMI adapter when you can get amazing goggle FPV with a lightning cable. Not to mention whatever you'll spend on the headset. Plus using lightning cable gives you auto tilt of the cam when you look down and up. Pretty awesome

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Ok. I'm convinced. So you are saying I need the Lightning to hdmi cable. I will need the app fpv camera for dji and also hootoo goggles. Am I missing anything that I need? Trying to get people to give me accurate list of the things I need. Thanks again.
Note. In the App Store. It only mentions advance and pro version of the fpv camera. Does not say anything about standard.

Also I'm guessing. As I've never used this setup before. This app is what I use to fly with? Instead of the dji go app. So I open this up and all will be good? Sorry for the novice questions.

Ok. I'm convinced. So you are saying I need the Lightning to hdmi cable. I will need the app fpv camera for dji and also hootoo goggles. Am I missing anything that I need? Trying to get people to give me accurate list of the things I need. Thanks again.
Note. In the App Store. It only mentions advance and pro version of the fpv camera. Does not say anything about standard.

Let me first say I wouldn't consider myself a pro by any means. I had the P2 and now P3P, but I'm just sharing what's working best for me so far. I'm still very much in the experimental phase as well and have been learning new stuff every day too. As for my setup, no hdmi needed. Really all you are doing is rather than mounting your iPhone to your controller (connected with lighting cable) your putting them in VR goggles. HooToo is what I have for goggles, but do some looking around on Amazon. I spent $40 on my HooToos but after purchasing noticed there were some goggles for $30 that looked identical with different branding. But I can tell you I'm happy with the quality of the HooToos. Just be sure whatever you get for goggles has plenty of good reviews. Now as for the app, yes you use the app in place of the DJI Go app. Not along with it. Since you have the standard you may need to look around a bit. I didn't realize the FPV Camera app was not compatible with P3S. But it appears you will definitely want to consider this and ensure the description of any FPV app you use is compatible. If you use android I'd probably give Litchi a shot first. That's what I would of done if goggle mode was available on Litchi iOS.

I hope that helps!

Let me first say I wouldn't consider myself a pro by any means. I had the P2 and now P3P, but I'm just sharing what's working best for me so far. I'm still very much in the experimental phase as well and have been learning new stuff every day too. As for my setup, no hdmi needed. Really all you are doing is rather than mounting your iPhone to your controller (connected with lighting cable) your putting them in VR goggles. HooToo is what I have for goggles, but do some looking around on Amazon. I spent $40 on my HooToos but after purchasing noticed there were some goggles for $30 that looked identical with different branding. But I can tell you I'm happy with the quality of the HooToos. Just be sure whatever you get for goggles has plenty of good reviews. Now as for the app, yes you use the app in place of the DJI Go app. Not along with it. Since you have the standard you may need to look around a bit. I didn't realize the FPV Camera app was not compatible with P3S. But it appears you will definitely want to consider this and ensure the description of any FPV app you use is compatible. If you use android I'd probably give Litchi a shot first. That's what I would of done if goggle mode was available on Litchi iOS.

I hope that helps!

So you are using hootoo. No hdmi needed. But you have to be connecting with controller somehow. Maybe just the app. Ok. Will give the fpv camera for dji a try. With just regular hootoo goggles. Thanks so much for the help. Tony

So you are using hootoo. No hdmi needed. But you have to be connecting with controller somehow. Maybe just the app. Ok. Will give the fpv camera for dji a try. With just regular hootoo goggles. Thanks so much for the help. Tony

Yep you connect to the controller with a USB/Lightning cable if using iPhone. Just be sure whatever app you use works with the P3S.

Hope that helps!

I think that is issue. We can't connect to controller usb with standard. But I understand the gist. Thanks

Ok. Looks like the fpv camera for dji is good. Paid $4.99 for the app but looks like they want a monthly subscription which is fine. I explore for a while I guess.
Also paid $19 on eBay for hootoo.
a21f8278f0de86cfc5a447ee9da5b17f.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know of goggles that you can easily flip the monitor/phone up to you can see the quad??

Does anyone know of goggles that you can easily flip the monitor/phone up to you can see the quad??

Yes. The expensive kind like fat shark or if you really want to go all out Carl Zeiss optical type goggles. You can peek and see it.

Tony the p3a and pro don't use wifi to connect to rc they have a wired digital usb connection form rc to phone/tablet.

that is the source of the hdmi----the tablet or the phone -when the dji hdmi adapter is not used..

made it easy for me to pick the nvidea shield, great specs, HDMI out port included, lots of sd memory exp
$200.00

the shield would let me use my hdmi out but it would be whatever limits standard uses.

btw saw a 3pa for 599 just a bit ago

take those 2 items together, add your googles and done, 800.00 ready to fly

good luck

Tony the p3a and pro don't use wifi to connect to rc they have a wired digital usb connection form rc to phone/tablet.

that is the source of the hdmi----the tablet or the phone -when the dji hdmi adapter is not used..

made it easy for me to pick the nvidea shield, great specs, HDMI out port included, lots of sd memory exp
$200.00

the shield would let me use my hdmi out but it would be whatever limits standard uses.

good luck

btw saw a 3pa for 599 just a bit ago
Really. Where did you see that ? Unreal. Prices dropping like a rock. For sure will keep my standard even if I upgrade as it won't be worth anything but a $100.

Really. Where did you see that ? Unreal. Prices dropping like a rock. For sure will keep my standard even if I upgrade as it won't be worth anything but a $100.

standard at least 145 min.. cost of battery.. yea keep for practice and trials

they aren't dropping anymore, that is like new used not NEW , those are still 700+

B&H used
Used | B&H Photo Video

good as new and 30 return if not.

think of all post the last 3 months with folks retuning new units for better deal / nbew this etc.

Ill take it for hundreds less....all day long and have bought 6 that way...

Last edited:
Ok. Looks like the fpv camera for dji is good. Paid $4.99 for the app but looks like they want a monthly subscription which is fine. I explore for a while I guess.
Also paid $19 on eBay for hootoo.
a21f8278f0de86cfc5a447ee9da5b17f.jpg

How will you connect to the controller without USB on the Standard? Also, you can pay another 7 or 8 bucks to unlock the goggle option on FPV Camera. You don't have to do the monthly subscription.

How will you connect to the controller without USB on the Standard? Also, you can pay another 7 or 8 bucks to unlock the goggle option on FPV Camera. You don't have to do the monthly subscription.

Directly to the phone with the app. Using lightning to hdmi adapter. Looks like it will do the job. Also. That 7.99 is just for goggle. I will see what all included cost.
After exploring the app it does not mention the standard. This is the fpv camera for dji. It only has settings for advance or for the pro. Ok back to square one. Will have the hootoo goggles and can't seem to find a way to hook it up. Or the correct connections. Either they hdmi or over wi-fi

Last edited:
Hey guys. Weird thing happened. Need to know what I'm doing. I connected my drone and opened the fpv camera for dji app. The camera did connect and I choose goggles even though I don't have them. I got the message weak video signal however without any hdmi or anything else attached I saw dual screens. Is there something to make the video signal stronger? I was also able to start my aircraft and see the telemetry through this new app. Am I missing something? I guess the hootoo goggles will allow me to focus what I'm seeing and maybe I don't even need to use hdmi cable if I can see video in the house. Still not sure why it says weak video signal and all was clear on the screen.

Also just thought about it. Can I have a video feed going to my tablet that is mounted to remote using dji go app. And on my phone using goggles say using fpv for camera at the same time? In other words my spotter can see with the tablet and I can see with the goggles.

Also just thought about it. Can I have a video feed going to my tablet that is mounted to remote using dji go app. And on my phone using goggles say using fpv for camera at the same time? In other words my spotter can see with the tablet and I can see with the goggles.

Wish I could help you but I just don't know a ton about the P3S wifi connection

No problem. I did notice even outside via wifi. It says weak video signal. Although I can see every thing. And it moves with the movement of my head. Wish i knew of a better app than fpv for dji.

Can someone at least give me a decent app that works with hootoo

Still waiting for help guys with the goggles. Looked like the app fpv camera for dji kind of.sucks on the standard. I need someone to show me their complete setup being used on the standard. Not phantom pro or advance. Any setup that works. Even through hdmi. Thanks all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20