Finaly my bird is gone ...

yali said:
The fall is not your fault. So, do not be sad. Just get another one. The only thing we as a RC Pilot can do is not making mistakes. If it is the aircraft problem, then it is just a bad luck. Fortunately we are not betting our life on its quality, not like the real pilot.
If we are worrying about the aircraft might fail at any moment, then, there is no solution to it and we can't fly any more. We should not blame ourselves for aircraft's quality like bad motor, etc.

good point ... cheers :)

Not sure whether DJI read this forum.

I queried my experience with my dealer (Quadcopters UK) and received a response from Lee Roe:

Hi

Thanks for the email highlighting this issue, we have not heard this from anyone else yet, and have logged the issue with DJI tech, will update when we get a reply.

Regards

I have heard a lot of issues with 3.06. I will be downgrading to 3.04 to be safe. The last thing I need is my bird falling out of the sky.

After all the posts I am going to try 1.08

quality control said:
I have heard a lot of issues with 3.06. I will be downgrading to 3.04 to be safe. The last thing I need is my bird falling out of the sky.

no idea what the reason was, could be the update or failing motor .....

I have over 15 flights out to 4500 feet (antenna mods) on all the latest firmware. No problems exhibited so far. I pray i wont lose it but i know someday i probably will. To this day ive only lost 1 RC plane due to control failure but this Phantom makes me nervous every time i fly.

smaugnaut said:
I have over 15 flights out to 4500 feet (antenna mods) on all the latest firmware. No problems exhibited so far. I pray i wont lose it but i know someday i probably will. To this day ive only lost 1 RC plane due to control failure but this Phantom makes me nervous every time i fly.

good luck :)

I got email from DJI Asia, saying we are sorry for your lose and asked me to fill a form about the accident.

ok got some updates here.
after 4 days and 12 meters underwater, i got it back after (200$) and some scuba diver found it after one hour search, it looked ok on the outside, not scratch, but when i opened it up it didnt look that great, rust and corrosion started eat it.
anyways, when it went down i notice it flew to the left and down into the lake in seconds, when i check the motors and ESC , found the left back ESC burned, to me thats the reason why it went down, DJI dont think so, the say it would go right if the M3 died. any feed back from u guys on how it would behave if the left back motor was dead?
since i dont have video of the crash, no proof, no claim.
its one month old and cost me 1300$ + 200$ . :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_20140820_1409271.jpg
    IMG_20140820_1409271.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20140820_140419 copy.jpg
    IMG_20140820_140419 copy.jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_20140820_153439 copy.jpg
    IMG_20140820_153439 copy.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_20140820_153455 copy.jpg
    IMG_20140820_153455 copy.jpg
    818.5 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_20140821_151242 copy.jpg
    IMG_20140821_151242 copy.jpg
    746.9 KB · Views: 313
DownunderPhantom said:
If looking at the rear of the craft it would fly to the left, if looking at the front it would go to the right.

How was the bird orientated when it went down. ???? Red or green LED's towards you.

it was facing away from me, i was looking at the rear of the bird.

I think that the left rear ESC failure would explain the left-dive. Is that the ESC connected to the M3 motor by the way?

Thanks for posting all this info. It's going into my FMEA.

Wally said:
If the left back one would fail I would expect it to go left and back, diagonally, not straight left, right...?

thats what i think would happen, but they told me i dont understand the drone flying mechanize.....hahahhahahahhah :lol:

slothead said:
I think that the left rear ESC failure would explain the left-dive. Is that the ESC connected to the M3 motor by the way?

Thanks for posting all this info. It's going into my FMEA.

ya man that the one connected to M3.
u r welcome :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic