Finaly my bird is gone ...

Reaction score
hey guys,

last night i was flying near a lake, at first it asked to calibrate the camps, so i did it, the first one didnt do it, so i had to do it for second time.
all good now, start flying for about 5 Minutes, no problems . so i let it hover for few seconds, then suddenly it lost all Sats lost connection with the RC, took left dive and into the water from about 10 meters. i got no response from the bird, tried to get back control... but nothing, few seconds and it was underwater, as it was night i couldn't do anything about it. this morning went to the back to the lake, spent one hour in boat looking for it and nothing .
its only one month old, I had like 30+ flights, all was good times.
have no idea what happened or it did that.. :(

there are some updates....

Finally?..hmm. I'd be pissed! How many sats did you have when you started flying?..did you have home lock before lift off?( the set of fast green flashing lights). Was it windy? Any interference when you did the calib? Ie phone,keys in pocket etc

Personally I don't get off the ground until I have 7 or more sats, and even then..I make sure I'm in totally clear area away from trees, water etc with atti or manual mode at the ready.

If you have 30 flights under your belt you should know all about that.

im not really happy ;)
but i kinda knew it will happen sooner or later. i had 8 before flying and got 10 sats after lift off, home locked, no wind, no interference, i took off even my watch and ring, no keys no phone.
it happen so fast out of no where.

ahmida said:
im not really happy ;)
but i kinda knew it will happen sooner or later. i had 8 before flying and got 10 sats after lift off, home locked, no wind, no interference, i took off even my watch and ring, no keys no phone.
it happen so fast out of no where.

Interesting perspective. I do not expect to lose my bird, ever.

I feel your pain. I lost 2 this year. I know hearing that wont make you feel any better. But I will say I was on the phone the next day ordering a new one just so I didn't have the grief.

Maybe you can find a used one needing a little work, cheap? I just bought one with the gimbal not broke, complete quad for $90.

sidebox , i hope u never lose it bro :)

Wally, ya i was flying in Naza , i dont think it was battery as the lights were still on when it went down, and it didnt really fall down, more like it flew to the left and down with an angle.

flyFrank, cheers bro, im thinking of getting another one, oh man, u lost TWO?
any idea where to find second hand ones?

ahmida said:
hey guys,

last night i was flying near a lake, at first it asked to calibrate the camps, so i did it, the first one didnt do it, so i had to do it for second time.
all good now, start flying for about 5 Minutes, no problems . so i let it hover for few seconds, then suddenly it lost all Sats lost connection with the RC, took left dive and into the water from about 10 meters. i got no response from the bird, tried to get back control... but nothing, few seconds and it was underwater, as it was night i couldn't do anything about it. this morning went to the back to the lake, spent one hour in boat looking for it and nothing .
its only one month old, I had like 30+ flights, all was good times.
have no idea what happened or it did that.. :(

Sorry for your loss. Was the lake really calm - like glass? If so that was probably the problem. Flying low and close over calm water is risky because it reflects RF like a mirror. We see it in winter too over frozen lakes.

cheers,
wasn't really low, it was calm but i was like 10-20 meters up, is that considered low?

I had the same issue a few days ago due to a broken connection in the GPS module.
Its fixation isn't the biggest invention there is.
The plastic were the special screws go into is just a bit higher then the pcb leaving a bit playroom to let the GPS module move and with the vibrations it does end eventually in broken connections.
I scraped a bit away on them plastic extentions were the screws go into so the GPS module can't move when you tighten it. Thats also a bummer them screws, that screwdriver you have to use is little and damage to the screws is eminent. For me its a design flow, but who am i ?

Sounds like maybe a motor went bad. That would account for the sideways slide. How deep was the water it went into?

I couldn't tell the depth of the lake, the guys around the place days 3-4 meters, but I'm in Malaysia the lake water is not that clear, so I searched for an hour and couldn't find it.
I would say it's a motor too.

ahmida said:
I couldn't tell the depth of the lake, the guys around the place days 3-4 meters, but I'm in Malaysia the lake water is not that clear, so I searched for an hour and couldn't find it.
I would say it's a motor too.
Could you possibly hire some young person to do a couple of dives for you? Maybe they could find it and you could salvage much of the copter.

im actually a scuba diver, but not sure if I'm allowed to dive there ... ill try to check on that.

The fall is not your fault. So, do not be sad. Just get another one. The only thing we as a RC Pilot can do is not making mistakes. If it is the aircraft problem, then it is just a bad luck. Fortunately we are not betting our life on its quality, not like the real pilot.
If we are worrying about the aircraft might fail at any moment, then, there is no solution to it and we can't fly any more. We should not blame ourselves for aircraft's quality like bad motor, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj