Finally took the plunge and took flight!

Reaction score
Evening! Well after toying with the idea of buying a phantom for about 6 months finally bought one about a month ago.Kept it in the box for a few weeks as was a bit nervous about unleashing but finally got out to fly it over the past few weeks. Really impressed with it, easy to fly but more trickier to master!.

Been using it with my Z3 phone for FPV but may use my Nexus 7. Any recommendations for sunshades and clips?

Also been using pix4d and tried it out on a local phone mast. Results were, well mixed. I can see it's potential but maybe my subject was a bit too complex and I did not manage to do full 360 which may explain why the actual subject was a not very detailed (but the surrounding was). Anyone else used pix4d for tower mapping?

Made a quick sunshade out of black project foam board from walmart. ;-) cheap and easy enough to replace should it get damaged, left behind.

If I may offer a further suggestion; get in the habit of preflight checks. PF checks can prevent disasters. Glad to have another phantom pilot in the ranks!

Nexus 7 works good with it. Can get sunscreen on eBay fairly reasonable. Have to change the holder to work with the tablet. Available on ebay too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik