Finally ordered my P4, Now which tablet/Ipad??

I have the iPad mini 4 and an iPhone 6 - I turn on personal hotspot and then link the ipad to the phone and this gives GPS - works really well

Maybe you should have gone for the TAB S - the A is a budget version. Having said that my Samsung Galaxy s5 phone worked great totally smooth so it could be you have something on there using up all the power. Kill everything and try it again.

I think you're missing the parts where I've said multiple times that I used task killers to kill everything that's open. Not to mention the specs aren't a slouch by any means, budget or not, also considering the iPad mini 2 is about the same price, only $20ish more. The Galaxy tab A 9.7 is $249 at Best Buy, and the iPad Mini 2 is $269. Also, the Nvidia Shield K1 is $199. Now I get that the Shield is geared for gaming, and the iPad is standard apple controlled consistency and stringent standards, and that Android is a free for all, but aside from my iPad mini for UAV usage, I am an Android guy ALL the way. I just want to be able to use one without an hassle or stutter. I can handle a little stutter, that is to be expected as perfect conditions aren't always present ANYWHERE 100% of the time, but a constant stutter just isn't bearable.

Last edited:
I went with the Samsung Tab2S. Everything I have is android. Looked at the Mini 4, about same size. Hopefully I chose wisely. Could still return for the Mini 4. The Samsung was about $400 at Best Buy.

Reactions: arcaine25
iPad Pro 9.7", it has a very bright screen and is very light for how big it is
If you don't mind me asking how are you using iPad Pro?

I am having a issue new iPad won't connect and DJI says it's not approved device ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you don't mind me asking how are you using iPad Pro?

I am having a issue new iPad won't connect and DJI says it's not approved device ?

I had to join the Apple beta program and have updated every time a new beta has been released. I am currently on iOS 9.3.2 beta 4

Great thread here. I am in the process of purchasing a P4 as well and need a new tablet to go with it. I read somewhere that the DJI Go app is different for Android and iOS....is this true? One better than the other?

I am torn between a iPad mini 2 cellular (used) or the Shield K1 (new) which are essentially the same price for me in Canada.

THX....Tim

I've been using Sony Xperia z3 compact tablet and works great, tried Z5 Premium and no issues as well

I would like to chime in and say that although I don't have any experience with the Shield, the iPad Mini 2 is horrible in sunlight, you can't even see the screen even with a sun shade. If you get the mini 2, prepare to have a blackout cloth over your head while you fly otherwise you won't be able to see anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav