Finally ordered my P4, Now which tablet/Ipad??

O
I'm I looking for a minimum amount of GB or is 16gb fine?
f you order the nvidia shield k1, you can order a sd card with it, the Silicon power is 33 usd for 128gn of storage, the shield k1 uses the latest version of Android, and the sd card can be used as the main storage for the tablet, you can install apps, games in the sd card, not just one part of the app, the entire apps,
I recomend you getting the sd card and a anker charger with it.
I can recomend this because I have this items and works flawlessly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012...sb+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=31J9b9nl5lL&ref=plSrch

Amazon.com: Silicon Power 128GB up to 75MB/s MicroSDXC UHS-1 Class10, Elite Flash Memory Card with Adaptor (SP128GBSTXBU1V20SP): Computers & Accessories

Attachments

• IMG-20160421-WA0032.jpeg
    IMG-20160421-WA0032.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 291
After much debate and a lot of research I've finally decided to pull the trigger on ordering the P4. This is my first Phantom (have flown heli's in the past) so it took a little while deciding whether to go P3 or P4 (to be honest I would have liked to have not read so many negative topics on the P4 but still thought it was the way to go).

As for the topic on hand, I'm still a little undecided and confused on which Ipad/tablet to get.

1.What are the main pros/cons of using a iOS platform VS Android. Is iOS more user friendly? (I'm more of an Android guy for cell phone use)

2.COST is also a factor, as much I would love to get a ipad mini 4 with cellular or pro they seem pretty expensive for a ipad just dedicated for Phantom use.

3.What are the best Android devices to use?

4. SIZE? Having never own a Phantom, what size screen is best suitable for viewing with out giving out too much weight?

5. Do I NEED cellular or GPS (price seems to go way up)? Needed for "follow me" feature and "home"??

Thanks

I live in Colorado which has very bright SUN. The iPad MINI wasn't bright enough, so I upgraded to the new 9.7 inch iPad PRO. It has a much brighter screen with less reflection. Glad I did. I'll still add a shade to it when I get around to fashioning one. Been having a BALL with the Phantom 4!
Jim Flannery
K0UNX
Littleton, Colorado

I just recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, specifically for the amazing screen, size, and hardware. I have several flights on it so far and am loving it...

P3A_Remote_Arm_Upgrade-03.jpg

I use a samsung tab a and its good has good gps for home point

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

What did you do to make it work? I just bought one for the sole purpose of using with either my P3 or P4 as I have an iPad mini 2 already which works wonders, but the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 I bought is not doing so well. It chops and stutters. I did the steps in the thread that suggests you kill tasks etc, and it improved dramatically, but still nowhere near my iPads performance and still has that "hitch" when rendering the video. I assume it could be the app and how it handles video on Android, but I am at a loss.

Side note, I already posted a similar post in this thread earlier and it appears to have "vanished"

Last edited:
I have my ipad mini 1 on craigslist for $80. working great, no problems. Yesterday i decide to run my phantom for short flight, battery was low- like 2 bars. After 3-4 min it said critical bateery and start landing! i made small adjustment when it was low and then i lost signal. Jump in the car and follow gps on my ipad to find my drone.
He was waiting for me next street , no problems. yep, im in the city.
So you really need gps.

Try those tablets from China. That's what I bought for my coming P4. I chose the Chuwi Hi8 Pro which is raking quite a lot of very good reviews for its performance and high-end specs. Runs on both Windows 10 or Android 5 through dual boot. Paid $90 for it. Here's the link: Chuwi Hi8 Pro Tablet PC
chuwi.jpg

Try those tablets from China. That's what I bought for my coming P4. I chose the Chuwi Hi8 Pro which is raking quite a lot of very good reviews for its performance and high-end specs. Runs on both Windows 10 or Android 5 through dual boot. Paid $90 for it. Here's the link: Chuwi Hi8 Pro Tablet PC
View attachment 51543

Does the tablet have a compass feature so as the radar and aircraft orientation works correctly with the go app, the tab looks good there dosen't appear to be gps either though.

Does the tablet have a compass feature so as the radar and aircraft orientation works correctly with the go app, the tab looks good there dosen't appear to be gps either though.
This tablet has an accelerometer, which senses orientation. Not sure if this is the sensor in charge of telling N, S, E, or W. But for $90, you can't ask for more fancy sensors, only that which is necessary. Having the Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 processor, Intel HD Graphics, 1080P HD native resolution on an 8-inch IPS screen, 2GB RAM + 32 GB ROM, USB Type-C data port, Windows & Android dual boot, it already blew me away. You can install a separate app for the compass if you want, and that's it.

I use a Samsung Tab A with an 8 inch screen. I think Android is the better system . Seems to be less hassle. I paid about $200.00 Aus. on EBay Brand new. Has 16gb,WiFi,Sim card, GPS,etc. Does the trick on my Ph.3 Advance.

What did you do to make it work? I just bought one for the sole purpose of using with either my P3 or P4 as I have an iPad mini 2 already which works wonders, but the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 I bought is not doing so well. It chops and stutters. I did the steps in the thread that suggests you kill tasks etc, and it improved dramatically, but still nowhere near my iPads performance and still has that "hitch" when rendering the video. I assume it could be the app and how it handles video on Android, but I am at a loss.

Side note, I already posted a similar post in this thread earlier and it appears to have "vanished"
I have only 2 app on my tab a sunsung
And thats the dji go app and facebook i purchased to tab a for my drone only

If your have problems maybe close all othere apps

I done over 40 flights and never had a problem with it

I have only 2 app on my tab a sunsung
And thats the dji go app and facebook i purchased to tab a for my drone only

If your have problems maybe close all othere apps

I done over 40 flights and never had a problem with it

I too only purchased this for my Phantoms, I have an iPad mini for one and bought the Galaxy tab A for another (Shield was out of stock). I followed the thread that was posted before I posted here that demonstrated steps to take to make it work better, which included using "task killer" as well as initially a factory reset, etc. Still nowhere near the iPad mini 2 that I have, but definitely better.
I turned on a force GPU rendering for 2d apps option, but turned it off last night to test and see if it could have been a partial issue, and again seems to have helped slightly, but it hitches far too often for my liking, but it could be that I am spoiled form the iPad. Oh well, I will wait for a shield to come available I guess.

I too only purchased this for my Phantoms, I have an iPad mini for one and bought the Galaxy tab A for another (Shield was out of stock). I followed the thread that was posted before I posted here that demonstrated steps to take to make it work better, which included using "task killer" as well as initially a factory reset, etc. Still nowhere near the iPad mini 2 that I have, but definitely better.
I turned on a force GPU rendering for 2d apps option, but turned it off last night to test and see if it could have been a partial issue, and again seems to have helped slightly, but it hitches far too often for my liking, but it could be that I am spoiled form the iPad. Oh well, I will wait for a shield to come available I guess.

Maybe you should have gone for the TAB S - the A is a budget version. Having said that my Samsung Galaxy s5 phone worked great totally smooth so it could be you have something on there using up all the power. Kill everything and try it again.

Is a Bluetooth external gps safe to use on my iPad Air 2 with Phantom 4. I have wifi only and understand this could be an interference issue, anyone had similar setup/issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20