Finally ordered my P4, Now which tablet/Ipad??

I think at this point I'm going to rule out the Ipad pro just for the cost factor. I understand the ipad air 2 is heavier then the Pro but is it really too heavy and awkward to handle? I just don't want to regret getting the ipad mini 2 or 4 if a bigger screen is better. Seems like most people like the 8" platform but I'm assuming it comes to personal preference (just an expensive way to find out which one you like better).

iPad mini 4 with cell. Zero issues for me and the perfect size IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok reading your advice and looking at this one -
Sorry I have no idea about the tech stuff. I assume both the K1 and the samsung have no video lag?
No noticeable lag for th Air2...or Shield. And with summer coming up the air 2 runs cool.. Screen size is perfect. I have a shield I prefer the larger Air 2's screen.

Reactions: Fplvert
No worries.. I can tell you from experience that having the bigger screen is great for me.. No more searching for screen presses the larger screen makes your margin of error bigger. I used the smaller version I don't care for it. I used a phone for a week and hated that. I don't know how anyone likes doing that..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh, you guys are making this decision tough, lol. All seem to have their pros and cons.....Cost, size, weight, brightness, speed/processor/lag, cellular(GPS) built in, expandable memory, HDMI built in, third party apps availability, etc.

I better make a decision soon, would hate for my P4 to get here and not have a tablet ready to use

Guess some of the decision will come down to budget. Think you are also close to the US border around there - does that give you any issues?

The Shield is a great tablet for FPV. However, the iPad Pro 9.7 is 25% brighter than the iPad Air 2, and only a few ounces heavier than the Shield. Bigger and brighter wins in direct sunlight.
image.jpeg

This is an iPad Pro 9.7 with a Hoodi Pad Hat. It's the brightest screen this old dog has seen.;)

Ipad mini 2 or ipad mini 4 - they have a slot in the P4 case so you don't need to cart it around seperate.

Why not take a trip to your apple store and get a feel for the size and look. Also if yoi do buy from apple you get a 14 day no questions asked return. So if you get a mini and find it too small you can get the bigger pro.

But the pro costs alot. Id lookat the ipad air 2 if you want the bigger screen for price wise.

But its just too bulky on the holder - remember your go8ng need the whole weight in your hand plus tye controller.

Ipad mini 4 with cell is the best choice for portability, size, screen brightness and performance. Just get it!

d air 2 if you want the bigger screen for price wise.

But its just too bulky on the holder - remember your go8ng need the whole weight in your hand plus tye controller.

Ipad mini 4 with cell is the best choice for portability, size, screen brightness and performance. Just get it!
I would disagree. The Air2 is perfect. Think about what it is you like. If screen size is what you value most. Go with the Air2. Not the new pro($$$$) If you want a smaller screen or something smaller for portability Shield is the way to go - removable storage, built in video screen recorder, HDMI module, GPS built in.. Android Litchi is better... This is coming from a guy with an iPhone6, iPad Mini4 , iPad Air 2 (cellular)... and a Shield K1. That said I prefer the size of the Air2. When I want the smaller setup I go with the Shield over my mini.

I'm a right tool for the job guy. Factor in cost versus features Shield $199 brand new at your house tomorrow. You won't find anything new from the Apple side for that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: yannicksjh
Ok reading your advice and looking at this one -
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edi SMP600. Will this unit work using it only with the P4? Sorry I have no idea about the tech stuff. I assume both the K1 and the samsung have no video lag? I hate lag, it delays reaction time heaps.

Samsungs are awesome running android. Much better than bits of fruit.......

Anyone else notice how hard it is to find the Nvidia Shield k1? Must be all the phantom pilots scooping them up...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1