Finally ordered my P4, Now which tablet/Ipad??

Personally I wouldn't go with the Pro - bit OTT for the job - IPad 4 works perfect for me

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
If price is a factor at all... At all. Get the the Shield. If you want the best Litchi system get the Shield. Do you like bigger screens? I love the bigger screens because it gives you more room to move around in the menus. If you don't like android get an Air2 Cellular (big screen) or iPad mini 4 w/cellular if you don't have to have the bigger screen.

I have both android and iOS I think the big screen of the iPad is the best for me for flying. I prefer the android for the screen recorder and third party applications.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

IPad mini 4, 16gb here. Bright, no issues, nice size.

16GB is plenty of space for most people.

If you only using for P4 and DJI app, that would be fine.

But you planning to use it for future other apps, then dji apps,

You will need more the 16gb

You will fill really fast!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've been using an iPhone 6s Plus and, for me, It's not large enough. I've started using an iPad Mini and it's a huge improvement

Didn't think so but I was at best buy and the apple representative there told me I would need at least a minimum data plan to use the GPS.

If you only using for P4 and DJI app, that would be fine.

But you planning to use it for future other apps, then dji apps,

You will need more the 16gb

You will fill really fast!

This devise will only be used the the phantom. I really have no other use for it, kids have other ipads they use. I'll maybe try to get at least a 32gb if I go with an ipad

I currently go between my iPad mini 4 and my iPhone 6s Plus. In the sun neither is that good. I have the sun screen for it so that helps. I purely got my iPad mini for the phantom and only got a 16gb wifi. I have a large iPad Pro I'll have to try and see what that is like.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Didn't think so but I was at best buy and the apple representative there told me I would need at least a minimum data plan to use the GPS.
They are confused. Mine told me the same. The internal GPS uses the Cellular antenna to access satellites.

You do not need a cellular plan for the gps equipped device to use its internal GPS and the device's cellular antenna to find global gps sats.

I have and use the ipad mini 4 with wifi/ cellular and don't use any cellular data. I cache my internet maps with the wifi and my home router.

Reactions: yannicksjh
I want to know what the best possible option for using with the sun glare. I flew yesterday with my iphone 6plus and I literally could not see anything with the glare. I have a sun screen, and I just got a screen protector that is supposed to help with glare but we will see. For some of the shots I want to pull off I'm realizing the 6 plus just isn't big enough to give me confidence plus the glare is very bad.

Beware, iPad mini 2 and 3 will overheat in ambient temperatures greater than 90F. I have the mini 2 and it's annoying in the summer, using ice pads to keep it cool enough. My iPad AIR 2 doesn't have this issue, and the mini 4 shouldn't either since its got an identical architecture. Both are cellular to get GPS support, 64GB, and I've used 22GB after 1 year of flying. I only use it for flying and reading phantompilot forum. However I do cache my videos and seldom delete any.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I want to know what the best possible option for using with the sun glare. I flew yesterday with my iphone 6plus and I literally could not see anything with the glare. I have a sun screen, and I just got a screen protector that is supposed to help with glare but we will see. For some of the shots I want to pull off I'm realizing the 6 plus just isn't big enough to give me confidence plus the glare is very bad.

ipad 4 mini with out screen protector and brightness turned up.

They also say the Pro 9.7 is good too, but its just too big in size imo.

Reactions: SGs
If price is a factor at all... At all. Get the the Shield. If you want the best Litchi system get the Shield. Do you like bigger screens? I love the bigger screens because it gives you more room to move around in the menus. If you don't like android get an Air2 Cellular (big screen) or iPad mini 4 w/cellular if you don't have to have the bigger screen.

I have both android and iOS I think the big screen of the iPad is the best for me for flying. I prefer the android for the screen recorder and third party applications.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Ok reading your advice and looking at this one -
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edi SMP600. Will this unit work using it only with the P4? Sorry I have no idea about the tech stuff. I assume both the K1 and the samsung have no video lag? I hate lag, it delays reaction time heaps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.