Finally my Vufine Glasses arrived!

Reaction score
I've been waiting on my vufine glasses to arrive. I ordered them back in March and they arrived today!

What makes it even better is Microcenter was selling the HDMI connection port to the RC for 34.99!!!

It's not FPV but think of it as having your eye able to see FPV from a decent sized screen and your phone/tablet as your Map. Works great! Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• 1464075622134.jpg
    1464075622134.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 785
  • 1464075634340.jpg
    1464075634340.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 1464075653652.jpg
    1464075653652.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 760
Few questions:

1. What's the price?
2. What's the resolution?
3. Where is the battery?
4. This has just one eye view. Do you feel comfortable?
5. How does it work in Sun?

Reactions: SilverStone641
Seems interesting. I have the same question as above - is the one eye view comfy?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks like it's $200

Vufine

While it looks like a poor man's Google Glass, this has no VR/AR capabilities built in. It's simply an auxiliary display. I haven't used this, but I was a Google Glass explorer, and having a small display in the corner of one eye was not comfortable for me. You do get the illusion of a larger display out in space, but the fact remains that you are focusing on something less than an inch away, in the corner of one eye's field of vision. Eye and eye muscle fatigue was a common complaint with Glass.

I hope the OP has a better experience.

It is 200.00 and like I said it's not a FPV... Screen Resolution is 720P and having used FPV FatShark Goggles and Vufine I chose vufine. That's just my personal opinion.

It gives me the option of having a screen close to my eye with 720P resolution and also having a dedicated map on my RC unit. So far I've experinced little to no lag and I've gone 1/2 miles out (clear line of sight).

If you don't wear glasses the provide you a pair of glasses. A magnet is on the vufine witches attaches to the frame. Their adjustable for your comfort level. Yesterday in lower NY we had a very sunny day and I can say it barely affected my viewing.

Down side: I've waited 3 Months for them.
-Battery is located in the Vufine and last 90mins
Upside: Their CS support is great, called up yesterday and spoke with a CS agent who was very helpful. I'll be putting a YouTube video out showing them in action.

Reactions: DroneDog
Great to hear, I missed the gofund or whatever they used (don't have it in front of me at the moment) so was waiting to hear if anyone else got them
Now I can go ahead, you ordered them in march, not too bad.

Waiting on your vid. :cool:

Look forward to your Video. Keep us posted.

It is 200.00 and like I said it's not a FPV... Screen Resolution is 720P and having used FPV FatShark Goggles and Vufine I chose vufine. That's just my personal opinion.

It gives me the option of having a screen close to my eye with 720P resolution and also having a dedicated map on my RC unit. So far I've experinced little to no lag and I've gone 1/2 miles out (clear line of sight).

If you don't wear glasses the provide you a pair of glasses. A magnet is on the vufine witches attaches to the frame. Their adjustable for your comfort level. Yesterday in lower NY we had a very sunny day and I can say it barely affected my viewing.

Upside: Their CS support is great, called up yesterday and spoke with a CS agent who was very helpful. I'll be putting a YouTube video out showing them in action.

I had a look at the tech specs of the Vufine product. It's screen resolution is not 720p, it is 960x540 only though it can process 720p input signals to output to a screen of lower resolution.

Looking at Microcenters website, do you remember Dino, what connector you ordered?

I think he was referring to the HDMI module that adds the port to your RC. I picked one up as well last week seeing they have them for $39.99 verses the regular price of $99

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

O ok, well thanks for the heads up. In my opinion spending 200.00 for an item like this is great. I hate the feeling of being weighed down and all FPV goggles are big and heavy. This allows you to have something light weight and gives you a dual screen option. Having the map on my device open and the vufine FPV is great.

Goggles are very subjective items and we get extreme reviews/ opinions. For example: Some love to have HeadsPlay whereas others hate to see its volume. On the other side people are extremely happy with VR Goggles like VRBox.

I received my Vufine. Excellent idea. Lightweight. Impossible to see the screen. I think if the entire glasses lens is blacked out except for the monitor it may be acceptable. I'm hoping the next generation is useable. This one is not. My recommendation is do not purchase them. Get a Fatshark or wait until a better product arrives.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

(snip)

Dino,
Sorry been away, have you posted any video yet using the VuFine glass with your drone?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31