Finally, my P2 is here!

Reaction score
But it's funny, I have read the manual, tons of forum threads, watched 100's of videos, and now that I finally have it in front of me.... I completely forget what to do now! LOL. Currently charging the AA batteries and one of the Phantom batteries. I guess next is check for updates? I already downloaded the assistant software so we will see how that goes when these batteries charge up. So frickin' excited!

pokercop said:
But it's funny, I have read the manual, tons of forum threads, watched 100's of videos, and now that I finally have it in front of me.... I completely forget what to do now! LOL. Currently charging the AA batteries and one of the Phantom batteries. I guess next is check for updates? I already downloaded the assistant software so we will see how that goes when these batteries charge up. So frickin' excited!

About the same experience I felt 2 weeks ago. Have fun!

Mav456 said:
pokercop said:
guess you didn't wait for the free battery offer?

Nope... I didn't see it coming anytime soon after talking to DJI, B&H and several other sources. I ended up just buying an extra battery.

$1,200...

BUT....

I've had this thing out of the box for an hour and I think I have already broken it! All I did was update the firmware on the P2 and then on the controller. Now the stupid gimble wont work with the lever on the back of the controller. I checked both the P2 and the controller and they are now up to date. The gimble snaps into place when I turn the P2 on, but can't control pitch. ACK!

Just read the threads on gimbal problems. Many people have had this issue (myself included for 20mins) and it seems that the order you update and calibrate is what's important. Controller and gimbal need to be updated and calibrated for X1 to work properly, you haven't broken it!

From the release notes on the DJI website. I got my P2Z last week and it already had the latest FW so I did not need to update.:-

Firmware
Remote Controller firmware update to V1.0.1.11
1. Optimized output of the X1 channel on the Remote Controller to improve the user experience.
Important Notes
1. For the users of PHANTOM 2 with H3-2D, must adhere to following steps to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware.
1) Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3) Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page.
4) After upgrade completed, calibrate the X1 channel of Main controller using PHANTOM 2 Assistant software,
then the PHANTOM 2 will work well with H3-2D.
2. For the users of PHANTOM 2 without H3-2D, conduct all the above steps except the third step to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers