Finally had my first flight!

Reaction score
Okay so I went against better judgment and flew my Phantom 3 Standard for the very first time in 20 to 35 mph winds this afternoon. All I can say is that if this thing was a drug I am now so addicted. My Flight took place out in the middle of a field in rural Iowa. Signal was amazing and had 10 satellites showing. I didn't end up in a tree, in the farm pond near me, in the power lines or in another State, So I'm calling it a success. I will say that I'm waiting for the winds to go way down before I try again. But at this rate I will never have enough time to fly. Cheers everyone. Safe flights

Congratulations on your first flight. The first few flights are scary until you get comfortable with the Phantom, but they are indeed a blast to fly and a useful tool. Very addictive. Enjoy your Iowa country side.

Fun, huh?! ;):cool:

Congratulations on your first flight. The first few flights are scary until you get comfortable with the Phantom, but they are indeed a blast to fly and a useful tool. Very addictive. Enjoy your Iowa country side.
Thanks NM_Quad. I went out again last evening when it was a little less windy and was able to stretch out my distance and fly using the screen. Pretty soon I'll stop sleeping and fly all night. lol

My first flight was with an AR.Drone2.0 3 years ago. They are made to beginners and gave me some fun flying. I was young when i got the ar drone so it was the beginning of my flying hobby. So when i got my phantom2 last christmass i was trained but had not been flying for about a year because the ar drone was broken long ago. But i stil was an experienced person. My freetime is mostly gaming video games and flying the drone feels more like controlling an aircraft from a game in real life. And that is why i get it so fun. I ended up getting fpv glasses and a 250mw video antenna to make the flights more immersively fun. And i found it even easier to fly with these fpv glasses from the first moment using them. Have so far flown 500m with clear video signal. And had been to do some nice recordings by doing so.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub