Finally got my Dominator HD's!

Reaction score
It was like catching a unicorn. I've been trying to get a set for the last 6 months to no avail. I really didn't want to put the in a pre-order seeing that most vendors could not quote a delivery date. Every now and then, I peruse E-Bay in hopes finding that listing. Sure enough, I found an open bid starting at $550.00 and this was for a US vendor. I set my limit to $620. It held until I got sniped for $739.99. Oh well, not gonna pay that ransom.

On my way home, I stopped by a local hobby shop. To my disbelief, there it lay...the Dominator HD, for $579.99. With CA tax, it puts me right around my threshold, but with the instant gratification of taking it home with me. Done deal.

One last hick-up though, I didn't realize the goggles do not come with a receiver module, so I ordered one this morning. It'll be a little longer until I get to used these, but it should be soon.

If anyone is interested, I think they have 2-3 in stock. Here's a link to their webstore:

https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/Dominato ... sv1105.htm

I did pre-order mine a few months ago, and have been patiently waiting for a shipping notice. Finally got one two days ago, with an ETA of 12/29.
I guess I'd better order a receiver eh?

HailStorm said:
I did pre-order mine a few months ago, and have been patiently waiting for a shipping notice. Finally got one two days ago, with an ETA of 12/29.
I guess I'd better order a receiver eh?

Yeah, I would've done that known. It comes with the headtracker, that I probably won't use. I'd rather have the receiver module. One more thing, they make two versions. One is compatible with the Fatshark channels and the other is compatible with the Boscam/Foxtech channels.

Let us know what you think of them as I want some in UK but still not available :-( very limited reviews on these ....

Rather get into the technical jargon (I don't feel qualified for that), I'll give a layman's perspective. They're nice, but not a substantial improvement from the Attitude V 2.0. I wasn't expecting an enormous difference, but I did expect the wider FOV and higher resolution to be noticeable. Unfortunately, I did not view a huge difference from the Attitudes. I do like that it has a built in DVR, but other than that, I was left somewhat underwhelmed. It's nice that it comes with a Headtracker and a battery, but I would've preferred the receiver module in lieu of Headtracker.

My honest opinion...not worth the money. The Attitude V 2.0 comes with a VTX and the receiver is already built into the goggles. That would be a better value and you wouldn't lose much noticeable resolution (if any).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd