Finally got it!

Reaction score
Hellos all. New pilot here. Picked up a P3S Friday. Been reading and watching all I can. Took it out for my first flight yesterday. Didn't go higher than 29m and only flew for 4min. Scared myself when I almost flew into a building so I did RTH and called it a day. Bought one to film my football teams practice from above so the players get a birds eye view of what the plays look like. NOT gonna fly during actual games as it's illegal in Missouri this year.

Few questions still remain:
1. Do I have to register it?
2. Dumb question but should I buy prop guards?
3. What's a good lower priced case/backpack to protect it.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Do I have to register it?
Yes. It's not legal to fly in the US before you register. You can do that here.

should I buy prop guards?
It's a good idea if you need to fly indoors. If you're only flying outdoors, then you won't need them unless you must fly in locations full of potential obstacles.

What's a good lower priced case/backpack to protect it.
There are lots available. I have a list of commonly used cases/backpacks here.

You mention flying over a football field with people obviously on the field at the time and in your post it seems your an experienced pilot. Those two things really don't go together if you get my meaning. I would avoid flying over a football game in session regardless of its legality.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Noooooo. I am not flying over the field during games. Just during practice for a few plays to give players a different perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic